Frost or Fire for Leveling Mage?

What cooldowns? Cold snap brings them right back up, and you’re not going to be popping it all the time since it’s a 10m CD

You’re not ganked on PVE realms. Should not assume everyone is going PVP.

Should learn to read since I said IF you are on a PvP realm. Since I included that IF I obviously wasn’t assuming that EVERYONE is going PvP.

1 Like

Although I will point out that your statement on respec is still incorrect though. By time you are max level, you will likely switch to Arcane/Frost for PvE content which is different from the spec you go with while leveling. So regardless of fire or frost, you still respec.

Should learn who I replied to (Xiokar).

Guys don’t fight. The real enemy is Blizzard’s poopy forum :wink:

1 Like

Mage isn’t gear dependent BUT, If you stack + frost damage your frostbolts hit as hard as fireballs and you get the survivability of frost. It’s pretty easy if you are a tailor (Azure Silk) .

Nonsense…ALL mages are Engineers. Every last one of em.

Just kidding…but really though.

Personally, I don’t see the endeavor worth it. While it is pretty easy to get those items “if” you level up tailoring as you are leveling. Then yes, by all means get them. But that also insinuates that you take time to craft stuff and even obtain the heavy leather for one of the patterns by leveling skinning which adds more time consumption.

You can buy those pieces as well but they are usually pretty pricey on the AH.
My plan is to run skinning and tailoring til 60, then drop skinning for engineering while leveling an alt with mining.

Thing is, many people are going to be leveling professions all at once and the pricing cannot be too high since people have limited gold. I don’t see these items being pricey in phase 1, but they will scale as time goes on. I’ve also seen a trend of people posting that they plan to level gathering professions only and sell their goods. If there is plenty of supply, limited gold available to buy, prices will be lower.

Only the gloves require leather, 2 pieces. You’re going to want tailoring for your Robe of the Archmage and to get your crit bonus from Bloodvine Garb.

Oh I totally plan to have it leveled up. Just not while I am leveling is all. What I am saying is getting to lvl 60 quicker is more valuable than getting to 60 with your professions in tow.

Correct, the cost will be expensive relative to the amount of gold most people will have out of the gate.

You’ll still want to keep at least rank 1 frostbolt on your bars in case you go up against mobs you can’t kill before they get to you.

I hear people say something like this, but that makes no sense as to why you would use a rank 1 spell for that manner. If you plan to initiate with Frostbolt, you might as well use your highest rank for the damage.

lower cast time and mana cost, but that’s if you’re not initiating it.

Odd question related to professions: In vanilla were all the profession recipes available to everyone in the group? I felt like there was a point in the expansions, cannot remember when, that they were only visible to roll for those that were trained in that profession. Just curious if in classic we can still obtain recipes for a profession that we intend to train and use later?

If you are rolling on PvP server then I highly recommend getting engineering and leveling it up at least high enough to get Iron Grenades. You can always get Tailoring up at 60 after dropping mining.

Depending on what you value, there are those amongst you who will be hitting 265-295/300 in all their professions when they ding 60. Yes, even fishing.