Frost mage tier set - 2 item bonus bug

The Comet Storm triggered by the frost mage tier set 2 item bonus interacts with the Kyrian ability Radiant Spark. When triggered by the mage tier set bonus, this results in a large DPS loss as the stacks of Radiant Spark are consumed. This issue was previously correct for Winter’s Chill.

1 Like

20-second internal cooldown on the Comet Storm. Maybe hold Radiant Spark until right after a Comet Storm triggers?

That’s not a bug, it’s working as intended. Kyrian is pretty meme for Frost anyway, I don’t know why anyone would play it in any serious form of content.

1 Like

It’s because it’s fun for them. We’ve seen people popping up in this forum experimenting with stuff not considered “optimal” and it’s fine.

The only reason why radiant spark is memed on and the way it is for fire and frost is because no one bothered to push Blizzard to change it. Let him have his fun.

3 Likes

Who would’ve thought a system within a system on top of a system has resulted in shenanigans. This is what happens when you have 3 different teams designing things with almost no interaction between them. If only there was a way to remove all these systems and just have classes work.

They have such a chance for 10.0. They saw what their abundance of grind, borrowed powers and “meaningful choices” leads to - WoW losing about half ot its active subs. Let’s hope the lesson was clear enough for them.

2 Likes

I’m not stopping him from having his fun :slight_smile: have a good day sir/ma’am

Interesting idea, however I believe that will lower my DPS ever further.

1 Like

Idk, nothing feels worse than being in a m+ and your lce Lance kills the target and your 2 piece procs…
Or when your running with a dk and they mass grip right as comet storm procs.
Or when it procs right when a boss transports away like the horrible last boss in streets.

Etc, etc, etc. We argued excessively for blizz to fix it, but nooooooo.

I’ve literally submitted a 100+ bug reports on PTR and live combined that clearly document the issue. The lack of action by Blizzard is concerning at this point.

1 Like

Perhaps you submitted too many bugs and they flagged you as spam. Please try again at a later date.

Does a 24 hour cooldown seem reasonable?

Maybe it’s because they have no intention of investing the time or energy it would take to make Kyrian viable for the 7 frost mages on the planet who want to play Kyrian frost mage.

I play Kyrian Frost mage when out in ZM doing dailies and world quests. I get better results with it than arcane, due to the lack of ramp-up and ability to handle large crowds of snareable melee mobs.

Unfortunately, when I try raiding with frost, my dps sucks.

It does not matter how many mages play Kyrian Frost. When introducing covenants, Blizzard promised that they would all be viable and be just a cosmetic / preference thing. Currently, this is not the case at all. I understand such a promise is hard to fulfill and that covenants will be gone in a year, but Blizzard can at least try. They don’t even have to do much - fix the Kyrian Frost countersynergies like Comet Storm and Flurry consuming several / all stacks of Radiant Spark, add some numbers here and there and that’s it.

My friend, that has NEVER been the case since the expansion started. I can’t tell if you’re naive enough to think NOW they’ll care enough when the entire expansion there have been completely non-viable covenants for each and every spec in the game or if you’re just intentionally trolling this one thing you post repeatedly on.

The fact that you’re posting on a level 10 Shaman makes me think it’s the latter …

That has never been the case, but that does not mean that it should stay that way. If you think that Blizzard should stop trying to balance their own systems they create, it is not me who is actually trolling. “Never was balanced and never will be” is a good excuse, but a bad politics for MMORPG.

Why is this issue still not fixed? What will it take for Blizzard to take action? Do I need to cancel my subscription?

I’ve played a Kyrian frost mage this entire expansion and have no plans to change covenants. It is ludicrous that my two set bonus punishes my DPS output.

I don’t think it’ll ever get “fixed” considering that’s how [Flurry] has interacted with [Radiant Spark] all expansion now.

You may make a case of it being badly designed and not inclusive for all 4 covenants, but I doubt that’s actually a bug.

Tier set bonus acquired and my DPS went down. Is that supposed to happen?