Frost mage Struggling

atm the moment i am in my mplus spec and not really the trinkets i use normally usually use the alchemy haste trinket and caged horror. my haste is at 36percent with alchemy trinket took it because without it not a lot of haste wil see today when i get off work and see what i get in vault. however in my mplus spec i am struggling on single target dps but my aoe is great using the standard that everyone else uses for mythic plus. i am working my rotation and procs correctly then in my single target build for raiding stil struggle to be competitive. i am sure it isnt me as i am a vcery experienced mage. any assistance would be great. i dont wanna go fire i do have a mage that i have as fire i played fire too long and i know arcane isnt competitive in mythic plus as frost is due to lack of aoe damage can i get some feedback can look at my raider io and my gear stats etc any feedback would be great. i feel like i can barely break 100k single target in either spec myhtic or raid spec at times. also it feels like brain freeze doesnt proc as much as it used to. maybe it is just me i had a demo warlock in a mythic plus run make me feel really self concious messaged me after a run just harrassing me about my damage

1 Like

I thought arcane is the best for m+ currently, with fire taking over in high keys with coordinated groups.

This is anecdotal, but every time ive been in a group with a frost mage of equal gear i usually beat them by 30%, at least.

Arcane has crazy burst for trash and goes from 0-100 in seconds. Im regularly doing 350-600k dps on trash packs. Frost mages are lucky to hit 300.

The only classes who can touch me on trash are havoc and BM and i can usually keep pace.

Single target im hitting 130-170k depending on the boss and how much movement is involved.

so think i should go arcane? i am sure it woudl be more movement friendly lol

I really think you should.

Pre evo before the pull, radiant spark, TotM, nether tempest, barrage and orb spam with arcane explosion to generate charges. You cast a couple things at the beginning of the pull, then its all instant casts. Movement becomes more of an issue on bosses since you need to hard cast but shimmer is helpful.

If you can fish for clear casting procs to keep your 2pc 10% spell power buff going, youll pump 300+ dps on trash easily. Ive hit 800k+ with aug evokers.

Its a tough spec to master but once you get a feel for the rotation and learn to properly time your burn phases youll be a beast in keys.

I’m with Frozen on this, although I haven’t played Fire as long as he has, but I’m also struggling with frost. Sometimes I’m number one in damage on single target, but with frost I noticed it’s more burst. Button bloat and movement issues don’t help either. I wouldn’t mind going fire but with my current gear, I will lose viable stats. Going to sit down and learn the arcane rotation before running M+'s again.

1 Like

what kills me is how much versatility fire wants i fi were to switch to fire for example id be at like 50 percent crit and prolly as much mastery lol

Fire this tier actually likes 50%+ crit with the new tier set, talent choices, and if you’re lucky enough to get the Augury trinket. There’s a few build variations but right now in the mage discord you check. I’ve been running the hybrid build for M+ and its been working well. Stack Crit>Hase>Vers and pretty much ignore mastery

oooo yayignoring mastery will be the hard part lol

Frost does the most overall dmg, Arcane is quite close. Fire is played purely for survivability and prio dmg, it does magnitudes less overall damage than the other specs.

That is because they are bad at the game :+1:

2 Likes