Frost Lego Anti-Synergy

Mythic+ for frost is in a tight spot because of anti-synergies in our lego’s. Ideally the best talents for m+ would be frostscythe and glacial advance but if we take the Biting Cold Lego we cannot take glacial advance because there is too much value in the Gathering Storm talent and if we take the Rage of the Frozen Champion lego we cannot take frostscythe because there is too much value in avalanche.

My suggestion is to have Koltira’s favor affect frostscythe at 50% efficiency to what it does for Obliterate. This would allow for a high skill ceiling play style that would put frost knights back on the map in m+.

4 Likes

I like this idea.

3 Likes

I’m relieved I’m not the only one. The only beef I can imagine blizzard having with it is that kolitra’s favor seems to be the intended single target raid lego but this would make it more adaptable so we would see less diversity in what legendary people choose to take. Hopefully they see that enabling the frostscythe/glacial advance build is more important than having a defacto raid lego.

No… frostscythe isn’t an interesting ability.

i like it but it sucks.

Fscy is in a weird spot right now.

cool animation, but it’s an aoe obliterate but it’s damage is genuinely awful.

1 Like

Not only is it a dead ability outside KM procs, but they put a target cap on it.
A dismal cap of f**in 5.

Blizzard’s ways are truly impenetrable.

Frostscythe is an interesting ability because it requires you to think more about mastery windows and the number of mobs you are fighting; opposed to Avalanche and Frozen Pulse both of which don’t really require any kind of active decision making.
Frostcythe outperforms obliterate as soon as there is 4 mobs because it costs half the runes. With killing machine it matches obliterates damage with just 2 mobs. This is without considering the fact it ignores armor, scales with mastery and benefits from our razorice debuff. When combined with glacial advance this resembles a MASSIVE dps bonus over obliterate in multi-target scenarios but these gains are hamstringed by the anti-synergy of our legos.

Keep in mind that frostscythe is not only competing with Obliterates damage but also the damage of frozen pulse and avalanche. when we contrast add their damage to obliterates damage the math gets a lot nastier.

just make frost scythe baseline! we need an aoe spender anyways.

Exactly!

Anyone who plays oblit build must know how funny it is that we pop RW aaaaaaaaaaand thats it for aoe. there is absolutely no difference between aoe and st rotation. HB procs are nice if you get them and im fine with low life non POF oblits between pof windows too but pushing FS in aoe packs??? it would really complete the spec if we had frost scythe added to our kit because without an aoe spender the oblit build feels flawed.
Making frost scythe baseline would finally let the oblit builds come close to BOS in m+.

Frostscythe is a rune spender.
Glacial advance is an RP spender.

I really wish they just got rid of Frostcythe and made base HB’s our aoe spender again. Would help a lot with our lack of mobility.

Glacial advance should also be baseline and have no CD like epidemic.

Maybe frost scythe turned into a passive that makes Frost Strike cleave?

i meant to turn frost scythe RP based

yeah so if we make it a passive that makes frost strike cleave then as our RP spender Frost Strike would be an AoE RP spender with frost scythe made into a passive for it.

Or… a more simpler yet loaded solution is to make both Fscy and GA baseline. Much like Epidemic and Gary should be baseline for Unholy in the first place. At least Epidemic made it.

Pop RW and SPAM YOUR RUNES for MAXIMUM RW DAMAAAGE.

But yea, making Fscy baseline would give Frost Dks an ability that cost 1 rune like the other two specs.