Frost DK Obliteration build - Stat priority and talent assistance

Good evening all!

I’m looking to get back into my DK, but would like to avoid a BoS build.

Does anyone know what stats should be prioritized for an Obliteration build, as well as what talents should be aimed for?

Edit: Just want to add that I’m not looking to push Mythic keystones, or any raiding beyond LFR. Mainly open world questing, dungeons and some occasional PvP.

Go for versatility and haste and stack as many strength enhancing azerite traits as you can. Look at my dk if you need any ideas :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you sir!! Exactly what I was looking for!

1 Like

May you enlighten me the reason you pick versatility over other stat ? Trying to learn other alternative build here .

Well for World Content and such you want Vers for the fact it does two things.
Reduces incoming Damage.
Increases outgoing Damage.

Crit only does the latter Sometimes.
And mastery only increases the latter for very specific abilities.
Rather than across the board.

That’s effectively what it boils right down to.
At least as far as I understand it.

1 Like

I’m just a casual dk using obliteration build because I’m sick of breath. I’m gathering mastery and haste gears but I kept getting haste and versatility gears.

You want to use frostscythe at killing machine procs. Use pillar of frost at aoe situation and boss fight only. Spam frostscythe at 3+ targets.

I picked mastery because it will scale with frostscythe and killing machine crits. Crits is needed at least 20% to activate killing machine with auto attacks. Pick azerite traits with frost strike damage buff, because it scales with mastery. Spam obliterate at more than 3 runes then spend runic on frost strikes for bonus damage. Prioritise killing machine with frostscythe.

Don’t use remorseless winter at aoe. Spam frostscythe is better.

1 Like

Even with high mastery Oblit still does more damage than Fscythe single target.

Remorseless Winter with the talent is an increase in both ST and AoE, even more so if you have just a single azerite trait in RW.

I would obliterate when more than 3 runes or less than 25 runics. But I will use frostscythe on killing machine for more bang on bucks damage per rune cost.

Single target, rimes > frostscythe at killing machine > frost strike close to capped runic > obliterate (4 or more runes) > frost strikes > normal obliterate

At aoe, rimes > glacial advance > frostscythe.

I wouldn’t use pillar of frost on normal adds unless more than 3 adds to burn them down. Use on CD at boss fight.

When using pillar, frost strike to proc killing machine. Frostscythe at killing machine. Use horn of winter when not enough resources. My maximum procs was 5 times.

Empowered runes weapon use when runic lesser than 25 or no rune left.

I’m sitting out raids because I’m not playing breath. I hated breathe. I only play a few mythic+ with guildies.

Edit: I changed my mind about crits. Crits is absolutely rubbish stats since you will get killing machines with pillar anyway. 5 procs per 45 seconds. Autoattack crits for killing machine is pointless. Might as well go for mastery and haste only.

Those don’t stack just sayin

My Frost DK is also using Obliteration build.
Im just casual so I dont really care much about stat weights and all that.

Whatever lights up on my buttons, i hit it!

1 Like

They’re just all so fun…Ugh