Frost DK Needs a Rework

I don’t get what this has to do with my comment and why it’s a reply to it, but uh… Okay.

Then Obliteration can’t do 100% Frost damage on KMs (or in general) anymore. And I support that entirely. But you can’t have back to back KM Oblits hitting for 70k x5 without any true set-up. You mentioned Fury Warriors; their cleave is reduced and their numbers aren’t THAT big, which is the point, more medium sized numbers consistently vs building up to larger numbers. If you want Frost to be that way that’s fine, but that’d require KM to make Obliterate crit or do Frost damage, not both, for starters.

I’d have to do a bit of personal testing but easily can show that my 393 fury war even WITH tank stats mostly on gear but dmg trinks like blazebinders and whetestone can 5 target burst 230k but drops down to a steady 105k on a 3min test…

2H frost tries to act like UH building up it’s damage… When in lore/reality it’d be heavy hitting just like arms/fury(rip arms btw).

None of the numbers make sense. The build/spec is still fun though and CAN clear content required that the group allows the player to attend. They’d just rather have the easy way out and fill a party full of monks, DH’s or rogues… Fury is in a similar boat sometimes when it comes to key groups, they just aren’t accepted.

I have to beg people in my guild to take me on keys with fury or my DK.

Well, the answer is simple. Go back to something like Wrath design. HB has a CD and costs 2 runes Rime resets it and makes it free, no damage increase with rime. Obliterate has no frost damage to it, and put Frost Strike back in KM procs. Change frost mastery entirely, make it more interesting and not just the boring “increases frost damage” that makes people want everything to do frost damage.

2h, historically and in reality, has been dogwater the past 6 expansions that it has existed. I really dont know what people expect from it.

I just dont want them to turn obliterate into what they did to mortal strike for arms… Making it complex for no reason… It’s a skill. Press it and then it does damage… Simple. But no we have to weave it with other skills to “BUFF” it’s damage as part of a rotation lol

Obliterate needs to just be a big hitter. Increase it’s CD or make it cost more runes idc, it doesn’t feel good still to use it. I get more fun out of watching winter do dmg and howling blast flaying my sword out all stylish like.

The old days of the launch of a new expansion where no one had gear, you could high roll a strong 2h, and then you Oblit 3x and kill a cloth player.

It literally cannot given its current design. If the Legion design just kept forward instead of revamping in BFA and SL, everything would generally hit the same - which has its own issues - but everything would feel similarly impactful.

Yeah. I know about WoD 2h Frost 2-3 shotting mages. And the spec as a whole was garbanzo during WoD. Thats including the better DW and once the second raid tier hit when DW scaled.

Its just thats not really enough to feed this idea about 2h.

Simply put Death Knight is a just working it way into being a dead class. It is in desperate need of some interesting talents and revamps of some old ones which it isn’t going to receive long as it’s still performing around a b tier which it as historically has bounced around between that and towards the top. Frost DK especially has been in an awkward spot because it no long provides raid buffs and utility. Icy Talons used to be a 5% haste buff and Horn of winter used to give attack power, 2 things that should be restored to the the Frost DK talent tree. The fact that people who play breath don’t even get to press Frost Strike which is the first talent learned is beyond mind boggling that our first talent WE ARE FORCED TO PICK IS FROST STRIKE… The first talent should 1000% been Threat of Thassarian or Might of the Frozen Waste so that you can chose 2nd frost or DW. As far as Frost Scythe and Glacial Advance are concerned simple put both are pretty terrible. Glacial Advance in terms of the 4 piece from last season was probably the best Glacial Advance has ever been, mainly because it was free. I really feel that all the times DK was great it was too great and it got nerfed and they just rot, they never get the chance to recover from those nerfs until they give a minor buff of like +3% to all abilities that brings them back from a b- to a b/b+ tier from a A+/S- ranking.

2 Likes

./signed frost dk worst class in game

What I’ve noticed with GA is there is no response, sound, or clear visual that it’s being used. Having to grab Improved FS while running GA also feels like dookie, yet there’s no better talent option available.

The devs are still scarred from Wrath. Anytime DK is actually really strong compared to other classes, they get nerfbatted into the dirt.

Just look at the recent PvP changes. I won’t even do random BGs with the state DK is in now.

If Unholy wasn’t doing as well as it is in raid, I would just be sitting this xpac out at the moment.

Honestly, BFA i was playing UH, which was good. But i also played the cold ice bullet build. It was amazing. I forget what its called, but it was icecap and i had a huge uptime on pillar of frost and huge chain of ice crits. It was quite fun. Im eager to get to that again.

The Glacial Advance on KM consumes felt so ducking good. I want that back.

Maybe they should actually play the class and if they are they arent playing it in pvp

1 Like