Frost DK is gonna be really bad in s4

that tier set was the literal worst one for pvp while also doubling as the most boring

also 0 changes/buffs would definitely spell the end

13 Likes

“Frost DK is gonna be really bad in PVP ALWAYS until they change their stupid modifers, that I am not even sure they know exist at this point”

10 Likes

Was just thinking this today and it being so close to the next xpac there’s basically zero chance they do anything regardless of how bad it is. Devs are almost completely checked out at that point.

5 Likes

Who even pvps as frost? It’s not even a good one to do it with on paper, let alone practice.

1 Like

Yeah but the most people voted for it so clearly a lot of dks enjoyed it.

Frost wyrm go brrrr

2 Likes

PvP had little to no influence over what tier set we got in the grand scheme.

Removing/adjusting modifiers would be way more impactful than what tier bonus we end up getting for the season anyways.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, there are some of us left. Although, I think I queued less than 20 games the whole of S3.

I love the class fantasy of frost, and I don’t mind it in pve, but my gosh, in pvp it is so unfun to play as or play against.

I wish we could gotten S1 or S3 tier instead of S2, but oh well…

I was really torn voting. S2 tier was best for keys, but mediocre for PVP.

I figured fDK was going to be trash anyway in PVP so just went all in for best pve choice.

4 Likes

I miss old old og unholy PvP. Two rezzes, two self rezzes, dots and aoe spams. The hands literally holding the person in place. Fun times.

1 Like

The reason why it was voted for is because nobody cares about PvP. Like if you’re a PvP oriented player, why are you playing an MMO, where you’re treated like a second class citizen and don’t represent the majority playerbase, instead of an actual dedicated PvP game?

I want big dragon to go brrr, and literally couldn’t care less about pillarhugging.

Maybe if Arena got axed and the game was balanced around RBGs, I’d consider taking PvP seriously, but Arena is literally just a worse game than League or IRL sports, and I don’t even play League or competitive sports anymore.

4 Likes

I don’t know man. Wow arena is pretty fun when there are enough players to have fair match ups. It’s so deflated right now you start to feel the short comings of the spec as early as 1700.

I loved SL where I could even play double DPS 2s and still hit 2100.

The modifyer on the frostwyrm needs to be removed. What is that bs that everyone has a base skill that hits harder than our 3 MINUTES CD.

3 Likes

The least they can do is make chill streak bounce off the DK baseline.

2 Likes

Lots of mmorpgs have pvp, WoW has the best among those

Except the tier set frostwyrms doesnt go brrr, and its just a boring passive xd tier 1 KM passive was way more fun

Tell me youre a noob pvper, without telling me youre a noob

3 Likes

And amongst PvP games, WoW is one of the worst. What does that make other MMOs?

Uh what, did you play Oblit Frost in M+ last season? Dragon did big dam and opened up an even bigger dam window.

Why would I want to git gud at a bad game? If I was gonna bother with PvP, it would be in other games. IE, I got Masters in Overwatch 1 in the first few seasons. Why should I give a toss about a sub 2k WoW player, when I’ve been higher ranks in more relevant games?

1 Like

GW2 pvp is better than WoW in terms of gameplay.

It is so squishy right now, there is just no way to ‘enjoy’ playing it. Yeah you can do cheese setups with a Devoker or something, but outside of that, you die with any amount of focus against a competent player. Any MS effect, any disarm, any stun outside of IBF = gg.

3 Likes

On the bright side, id be surprised if frost dk is bad in keys next season as they already do decent damage with a trash tier for keys. Might low key be the best season for frost dk in a while (even though s2 was low key good just trolling since not fire mage).