Frost and NF (m+)

Hai broskis, im dusting off the old Frost Mage and i’ve read the optimal covenant for mythic+ is Night Fae, but i didn’t like the synergy of the cov. ability and the rest of the toolkit at all, feels clunky and outta place.

Do i lose much if i go Necro as far as mythic+ goes?

Necro is better with Tier.

Then you want to have slick ice and cold front for legendaries.

2 Likes

Necro with slick ice is where it’s at for basically everything as a baseline.

If there’s three or more targets you drop Lance out of your rotation and make sure that you are shattering frostbolt. When skeletal mage is about to wear off that’s when you can start dumping your frozen ice lances.

The only caveat is that it really requires the two piece. The four pieces okay but the two piece is where the damage is at.

2 Likes

You can use NF with Freezing Winds.

Edit-

I wish I hadn’t gone with that particular legendary however, as I don’t really like it. The damage is very midling and when Frozen Orb is on CD, you’re pretty weak. It’s a good starter legendary though if you don’t have tier.

Necro is great for keys. I run slick ice on tyrannical weeks and cold front on fort weeks. You’ll just need to get used to timing Deathborne so you’re using it on the right packs/bosses since it is a 3 min CD (Urh helps a bit).

1 Like

You can run NF and freezing rain however, if your running cold front, the additional frozen orb isn’t going to proc freezing rain, so it’s basically a mute point. So run splitting ice with freezing winds is best. Many people run disc leggo but I find it incredibly annoying.