From what streamers are saying Afflictions still horrible

Good to see another xpac that affliction will still be a weak option. Breaks my heart I had such high hopes for my main to play aff

4 Likes

I’ll take Kalamazis word over some unknown streamers.

Aff is looking juicy

6 Likes

I watched a stream the dmg was still slow AF and nothing impressive. He switched to Demo and tore it up

We haven’t even seen the changes that they announced were coming, so there’s no guarantee one way or the other.

Aff will be fine or it won’t be. Too soon to tell.

Normal dungeons are never anything to base the viability of a spec on.

2 Likes

Another xpac? You dooming about TWW with class redesign ongoing…??

Last time Aff was really good was Leigon

Yet I watched a stream and the the damage was popping off.

He also doesn’t swap mid dungeon on his videos. He’s been releasing hero talent dungeons and running both specs on the hero tree.

2 Likes

I would advice on not judging power based on alpha.

1 - normal/heroic dungeons are not parameter for anything, stuff just dies to quickly.
2 - a lot of the serious op stuff will not be op by the time it launches (lookin at you shared fate).
3 - warlocks are pending some quite massive changes for affliction, demonology and destruction.

Focus on what you think of the Hero Talents effects, visuals and how it feels.

Do youthink Hellcaller lacks visuals? What you think of the succulent soul mechanic? Does Malevolence match both destruction and affliction damage windows?

This is the kind of thing they will be looking around for now.

2 Likes

It’s just such a waste of time to even engage in this sentiment at this stage of development.

It could receive no mechanical changes. But if they crank the numbers up so it parses high, it’ll be a strong option.

1 Like

Demo looks sick AF though in its current alpha state

2 Likes

The three demons that come out look flat out amazing for demo/destro

2 Likes

I guess you don’t realize that there is still plenty of time for tuning and changes? I’m pretty sure that’s the point of an alpha test.

2 Likes

Personally I’m liking what I see so far from Soul Harvester Affliction (visually can be improved). Although I can tell already a lot of tuning will happen, Shared Fate most definitely is going to toned down.

It’s hard to say much though, cause what’s really in the end that’s gonna make or break Affliction is how the recently announced Talent Tree changes look like, how they’ll change Affliction ST/AoE and honestly it always falls back on how it holds up vs Destro/Demo.

The main reason why Affliction is in dog water currently is because it sacrifices too much to either go AoE/ST while Destro and Demo still can be decent regardless how they’ve specd. If they fix this Affliction will definitely be in a way better position. Which they’ve acknowledged and mentioned they’ll be fixing.

Honestly War Within I wouldn’t judge right now if they’ll be bad or not until a lot of the changes happen, but Season 4 just like every guide/streamer/player says might aswell just go Destro/Demo for now if you are trying to push insanely high keys/Raiding as it’s insanely a lot easier, but if your aiming for +10s (equivalent to a 20) you’ll be fine.

You must not have played sl then.

9.0 Aff was broken

2 Likes

The bugs in Nok tonight are so real

Didn’t you get the memo?

2 Likes

Yeah those visuals are :heart_eyes:. So thank you the devs on that one. Im sure in time they will fix the portal missing for the pit lord.

Making conclusions before any of the announced changes have been implemented and still months out from initial tuning/balance.

Smart

thats a toxic response. gaslighting someone to believe there is hope for Affliction is very abusive.

you need to do better

1 Like

Yeah because Blizzard has a track record of listening to the community haha

2 Likes