Friendly, strong and helpful server's

yes hello, i am a new player and looking to find a nice server with a strong and friendly community :^) currently on Akama. i just chose a random realm when starting the starter edition but have now decided to hop on the sub train, any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

1 Like

Generally speaking, servers designated as new player realms are more likely to have a larger percentage of their population made up of lower level players and a smaller percentage of the population will be players engaged in end game content.

The new players tend to guild together to help one another do their questing, dungeons, and battlegrounds more so that guild wil a lot of end game players.

A realm like Darlaran or Aerie Peak, which were once low pop new player realms and are now high pop realms are likely to still have players who remember being new to the game and be willing to make accommodations for new players.

You may want to also check out the New Player Friendly Guilds thread stickied up above.

3 Likes

@stilldissin I can help you figure stuff out about the game if you’d like just add me. My blizzard id is ZackThaBoss#1862

Dalaran is one of the servers that is most often recommended for new players looking for a friendly server to join.

1 Like

yes i was looking for that realm earlier but it is full :confused: thanks anyway

You can still make characters on full realms.

1 Like

yes true indeed but it says wait time might be rekt, what’s the usual for a full realm?

Wait times for full servers are usually only a thing during very high load times, such as the start of an expansion or major patch. You can create a character and them try logging them in at a peak time (Tuesday evenings are a good time to try) to see if it’s going to be a problem.

2 Likes

I play on Dalaran which if I remember right was the biggest single realm server and was full during the launch of BFA. Still never experienced a load in queue

If you add forthehorde#11782 I can give you items. My characters on terrokar and thrall keep items for new players to give them a decent start.

4 Likes

I play on Sargeras (another “full” realm), and the only time I’ve had difficulty with it was during the expansion launch when Sargeras and a handful of other super high-population realm servers actually crashed.

From a login standpoint, the warning about wait times is largely obsolete - an artifact of the earlier days of the game. In the past several years there have been major upgrades to the server-side software that handles logins and server load, so practically speaking no player should ever have a wait time to log in to any server.

1 Like

Might I suggest an RP server? Even if you’re not into RP, I’ve enjoyed my time on an RP server immensely. Major cities feel alive with people walking around and different events going on. I’ve encountered a good number of people that are ready and willing to help out or group up.

Moon Guard (Alliance favored), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde favored), and Emerald Dream are the most populated.

1 Like

thanks everyone for the input! cheers!

@Stilldissin - I have created characters and been playing on the perpetually “Full” Wyrmrest Accord (as Horde) for the last month, and have never needed to wait to log on. I have never been “instanced” into a weird variant of a region, even in Orgrimmar at its most crowded. When I’ve gone into a dungeon via an automated pick-up group in the “Dungeon Finder” tool, the party has been from a random assortment of other servers, mostly non-RP servers.

Your original question was about a server with a strong, friendly community for a new player. I cannot recommend any of the RP servers. WrA is overpopulated with bored level 120s for whom RP activities are their only real entertainment in the game. I have tried “newbie” guilds for low level players, going through game content and dungeons for the first time. Alas, they all were disorganized junior-high and high-school type organizations where the guild was mostly aimed at providing buddies for the guild leader while he or she advanced upward.

Sadly, I don’t believe that newbie-friendly, helpful guilds still exist. Certainly none that team up for open-world content, or lower level dungeons. If you check in the newbie guild thread ( New Player Friendly Guilds Check In Here! ), you probably noticed that the last few posts were a couple months old, and about guilds devoted to higher end activities.

It seems sad to say, but the game is buried under the weight of literally millions of bored, jaded, level 120 players. They complain about the lack of new blood, and the increasing number of bored drop-outs, but make no effort to be helpful and interactive with true newcomers.

6 Likes