Friendly reminder of the UBRS bug

Just a reminder because it happened in a PuG I was in and resulted in a huge waste of everyone’s time. If either of these situations occur in UBRS it will result in the entire arena event with Rend getting bugged AND your group potentially getting trapped afterwards:

1. If a hunter forgets to dismiss his pet before jumping down (no I didn’t do this lol)

2. If a shaman forgets to re-drop any totems he left on the upper level before jumping down and they aggro the patrol that walks near the ledge to arenas

3. If anyone body pulls the patrol that walks near the ledge and people had jumped down during that, and the person that body pulled the pat jumps down and doesn’t instead stay up there and die. Or if a healer heals the person that body pulled the patrol to get aggro and then jumps down, even if the person stays up there to die it doesn’t matter at that point

If either of these 3 scenarios happen, a bunch of mobs run up to the arena gates, teleport through the gates (I’m assuming this is what bugs the whole event) and kill everyone

The worst part is a lot of pugs still don’t realize that this bugs the event. The wipe isn’t actually what makes everyone quit. What makes everyone quit and the group disband is realizing after they all rez and jump in again that now they are trapped. The event won’t happen and the ONLY thing they can do at this point is to gate out, and fly all the way back there and reset. And no one wants to do that so everyone just quits

So remember the bug and if you all die this way, be sure to reset and do the entire beginning again instead of trying to jump back in the arena. It sucks but it’s better than getting trapped

10 Likes

Ohhh this happened to us! We were killing the waves then a priest jumped down and aggro’d the path. We got all killed and waited like 15min for the boss to respawn and nothing happened… So we called it a night and left

Atleast I know its a bug now, thanks

I remember this happening pretty clearly in vanilla. Not sure it’s considered a bug.

3 Likes

only bug I wonder from this, is do they open the gate coming in the door before killing you.

They should at least have to open the gate before :slight_smile:

This is not a bug. It’s a l2p problem.

2 Likes

Known issue, another cause is a rogue vanish/hunter Feign during the fight. These will cause the same issues.

Fixed for you.

Good post, OP. I spent many a day trying to get the little dears to stay to the left in Gnomer. I can’t imagine what fun it is to get everyone to follow instructions in UBRS. LOL

Pro thread necro.