Friendly NPC health bars in instances

Why do friendly healthbars not show [for me] on NPCs such as Anduin’s Hope or the Prototype Pantheon’s seeds that need to be healed?

I’ve tried all kinds of settings and nameplate addons and profiles (and no addons) and can’t figure out why other people see health bars above those NPCs while I do not.

Is there a definitive list of settings that must be in place for these healthbars to show?
Also, since I can’t hold up my raid while I try various settings, is there any similar instance where I can take all the time I need to play with settings until I find the solution? I’ve tried instances with an NPC that needs healing such as a MoP raid, even the ICC dragon, and they are not quite the same and do not show friendly NPC health bars.

All I have to go on so far is anecdotally hearing from others, “well they show for me and my settings are like this”, but when I put my settings exactly the same they do not show for me.

Ideally if I had, for example, a list of CVars are set to “x” and these certain interface settings are as such, friendly in-instance NPCs are guaranteed to show health bars.

Please help! Thanks!

This question is better suited in #guides:ui-macro since it’s not a tech support issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.