Friend lost in free character migration

Hi all, me and my friends took a group vote to transfer from thalnos to netherwind, we all did it at the same time but one of my friends store was broken (yes he tried to troubleshooting), thinking it was a simple matter to just contact support and have them push the transfer through for him. They told him no and that he was out of luck. How is any of this right? This just ended and destroyed our classic party group.

That’s between he and Blizzard.

2 Likes

He has until Monday to transfer. I suggest he read the tutorial above and try again

2 Likes

If your friend didn’t have the store option they likely had parental controls active, as outlined in the sticky.

Unfortunately, Support is simply unable to assist in this situation as they do not have the ability to move a character between realms on Classic. Sorry.

4 Likes

Not necessarily when it impacts how i play the game too, we started this together and intended on leveling together to 60. The fact that its an error through blizzards part should mean they should correct the issue no? Its not like we simply missed the timer ourselves.

Please close your webchat, Doomedkinz, CS will be unable to assist your friend at your behest.

Stopping a moment to read the blue text would be beneficial.

3 Likes

Then who does have the ability? Who can we contact to get this corrected?

There is no error on Blizzards part, nor has the timer run out.

1 Like

Your friend. Have him read the tutorial. He’s doing it wrong.

Also you cannot open a ticket for someone else

2 Likes

Actually, the moves to Netherwind closed after the weekend, the current moves for Thalnos are to Earthfury.

That power is entirely in our developers hands. You are welcome to post feedback on the Classic General forums.

1 Like

If your friend has a question, he can post here and ask.

1 Like

Darn. My bad. Then nothing can done except rerolling.

Feedback would absolutely be important here. If our Devs find that there are a bunch of folks still wanting to move to a low pop realm, they may be able to reopen them. I can’t guarantee that, but it certainly can’t hurt to get that feedback out there so they can see it.

5 Likes

I am almost certain the friend has parental controls active, but if they can’t tell I can certainly check for them.

1 Like

His parental controls are off, by the time the bug in his client was fixed the transfers swapped to earthfury

The good news is that if those who moved are a higher level, they should be able to help your friend power-level up if they start a new character on the server you’re on now :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I understand that you want to advocate for your friend, but it’s best he post for himself. I doubt there was a bug.

1 Like

I am sorry, Doomedkinz, I do wish we were able to assist in this case but the tools simply do not exist to do so. Character Transfers were something that our Devs were looking into adding for Classic but we didn’t really have any more information. Due to the extensive queue times to log into some realms, they added the Character Migration option as quickly as they could, but any tools to do anything on the CS side would have to be built, which is not a quick or easy project.

Good luck to you.

4 Likes

Thanks Vrakthris, sorry im a little angry but i appreciate the quick and cool headed replies

4 Likes