Friend can't access most DF dungeons

I’ve had this issue with other expansions I leveled through on other characters, as well.

I’m leveling a level 63 paladin with my friend, a level 64 hunter. She only has access to Ruby Life Pools and No’khud Offensive for some reason. Her iLevel is over 240 and she’s a character level higher than me. I have access to all of the dungeons. When I try to queue for a specific dungeon other than those two, they’re all locked and it claims she isn’t a high enough level.

Is there another hoop that needs to be jumped through or is something wrong? She’s a higher level than me. These are both boosted characters.

In order to unlock specific dungeons you generally have to progress through the Dragonflight Campaign. It is possible that she has not progressed far enough to unlock more than those two.

4 Likes

she’s progressed farther than me. I barely did any quests at all.

Edit: Does it have anything to do with this not being my first time through Dragonflight? So all of the dungeons are unlocked for me already?

Yes. If she’s not done things on another character, then she’s hampered until she does more of the storylines and completes the zones/objectives. If you’ve completed them on another, most things are already unlocked for you due to that.

We had someone else here just a few days ago in a similar position to you guys.

7 Likes

To put it simply, on the first character in DF, one must complete the campaign / story line in each zone to unlock the dungeon for that zone. She can skip the side quests and just do those for the main story line. Once it’s been done on one character on an account, it’s unlocked for all others.

3 Likes

Thank you everybody for your responses. This makes a lot of sense, now!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.