Friday Soar Nerf

They nerfed it because it was too fast right?

What advantage were they talking about when I, as a Mage, can literally teleport across entire continents in a literal instance with zero cooldown as much as I want while others have to first travel to a dock and then wait several minutes for a boat, not including the rest of the travel time getting to and from?

3 Likes

No speed changes but we are seeing cooldown reduction.

Evoker

• Racial Abilities

• Soar – Cooldown reduced to 4 minutes (was 5 minutes).
    • Familiar Skies now reduces Soar’s cooldown by 1 minute on continents that you have fully explored.
1 Like

Don’t worry, when enough complain they’ll respond with, “We’ve listened to your feedback and have decided to revert the speed nerf to soar.” Then proceed to pat themselves on the back like they did us a favor when Blizzard didn’t need to nerf it in the first place.

They can ignore player feedback every day of the week. They’re professionals.

3 Likes

The fun advantage.

If Soar was boring, they would never have nerfed it. They are afraid people will be having so much fun diving off of Hyjal and soaring across the continent that they will forget to boost the time /played metrics for the new Mythic+ Dungeons they’ve recycled from WoD.

4 Likes

Exactly. I guess I should consider myself lucky that I haven’t had alpha access, I’ll never get to enjoy what the speed was, I just get the watered down version, so I’ll never know what I lost.

Oh, you will know. Because Dragonriding remains at the original unnerfed speed for everyone. You will Soar, and then you will Dragonride. And you will know the difference, and despair.

1 Like

What bullcrap is this? As an evoker I AM a dragon. I shouldn’t be required to use a mount to fly when I can just do it myself, I have no interest in pimping out a dragon, I want the evoker to be able to do that themselves, no flying required.

5 Likes

Blizzard (apparently) disagrees.

agreed. Worgen are their own ground mounts. Druids are their own (superior) flying mounts. Why can’t Evokers be their own Dragonriding mounts?

I don’t care how fast or slow Soar is, as long as it’s going at the same speed as Dragonriding-- ideally, they’d share everything including the talent tree and vigor charges.

I’m even okay waiting until Blizz enables Dragonriding in old-world content to be able to soar there, because you know they will eventually, especially since the existence of Soar proves that Dragonriding already works in the old world, and just needs to be toggled on.

And while they’re at it, remove the cooldown. I realize that Drak’thyr are not ‘full’ dragons, but why should that matter? Worgen don’t move slower when ‘Running Wild,’ nor do they get some ‘winded’ debuff after doing so, preventing them from Running Wild again immediately. Druids can hover in the sky indefinitely without ‘getting tired and needing to rest,’ and hovering should take a heck of a lot more energy than gliding.

Just make Soar just a cosmetic dragonriding, and bring dragonriding to old zones. if it takes a while on the second part, fine. I already have a sneaking suspicion that ‘dragonriding’ is going to get a new, more mount-inclusive name at some point, have more mounts unlocked into its system, and become the replacement for flying (or at least the pre-pathfinder version of flying) in future expansions, so Just let Drakthyr be their own dragonriding mount the same way that worgen are ground mounts and druids are flying mounts.

4 Likes