Fresh Talbuk Meat broken?

So for the last 3 days I have been farming the needed item and making an attempt to tame those danged cats on Argus and its reaching the point where I am getting extremely annoyed.

Before I even went to try I read up on how they are tamed again (as I have tamed them in the past before the ice trap change.) and found apparently the trapping method was “nerfed” for some reason.

So I went armed with the new knowledge only to have every method suggested fail. It wouldn’t be as annoying if the meat dropped more frequent and wasn’t between 20k-89k on the AH (not worth buying if it isn’t gonna work.)

One of 3 scenarios occur:

• The cat in question never eats the meat even if its right under its noes.
  • The cat eats the meat (Blood splatter effect occurs) but still uses its fade out and thus cannot be tamed.
  • The cat eats the meat (Same as before) only this time it evades all attempts until the meat has vanished and resumes previous fade out and is not able to be tamed.

I have been trying to tame the ones (specifically) on Krokuun, the blue/green ones surrounding the big rare Naroua. I want to express that I have attempted various methods, including making sure they were not on any elevated surface, awake and walking, even sleeping in the open. Nothing works.

I also want to stress that in all these attempts, only twice was I in combat, and both times I feigned death, but made little impact on the listed outcomes. I cannot tell if its the taming method itself, the meat, or maybe I am just messing up extremely bad.

Hopefully this gets moved over to the Hunter forums. That would be a better place to ask fellow hunters if they’ve had success or what sort of strategies they might have used.

Edit: And here we are in the hunter forums now :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I tamed the green black one months ago, I used a macro. Forget what it was but it worked great after I failed a few times without a macro. If you search on Wowhead under the name for the green black variant, or maybe the macro was in comments under the fresh meat item itself, someone had a macro I used which worked. It’s also possible something is bugged with that variety of the cat, who knows.

I know the AH price is outrageous for the fresh meat. Every nerd is trying to take in the wowhead going rate unfortunately.

I still feel this is a probably bug that needs to be looked into, since I can understand some user issues (I could have messed up) but some of the outcomes feel to glitchy to be coincidence.

You have to approach your target; throw a Freezing Trap; Feign Death to lose aggro (this is essential for the meat to work); throw the meat directly on top of the panthara; tame quickly in that exact order. There is a how too video on how to pull it off. Failure to utilize these steps can result in a frustrating fail.

On a side note the rare panthara Naroua and Sabuul do not require fresh tabulk meat method to tame. Have fun

also the seat of triumverate panthara do not require meat