Fresh release date

whats your guess

1 Like

8 Likes

Fresh Classic will launch, or Classic+ will be on the PTR, before Sep. 30 to boost the MAUs and subs before the end of the quarter.

My guess is they are going to merge Classic Era to one PVP and one PVE server, then wipe and rename a few Classic Era servers to launch an identical Fresh Classic (because why not it’s throwing money away every month if they don’t).

When Fresh Classic launches, Blizz will say they are working on Classic+.

12 Likes

November 16, 2021

2 Likes

best timing would be after p3 since the gap between BT and SWP is massive but i doubt they’re waiting this long. I expect it by end of year

The cynic in me thinks it’ll be sooner rather than later simply because they’re releasing a fresh server to make sure the private server scene is cannibalized and remains dead, not out of a plan for a good product

3 Likes

Product is already good

3 Likes

Remember, it’s a financial game. Blizzard has been hit very hard the last few months with failed releases, high-profile lawsuits, veteran developers “retiring”, employee walk-outs and extremely negative earnings. The Q3 earnings report is right around the corner. They’re releasing Diablo 2 Resurrected, Classic Fresh servers and TBC Phase-2 all in the same window to try and incentivize some sales and subs before what is likely to be a disastrous earnings report. “K4” (cannot say the real name) is also releasing shortly and they need an answer for that.

So I suspect they’re going to rush out some extremely lazy “fresh” Classic realms. People want world buffs addressed? Good luck. People want botting addressed? lol. People want mage AoE farming and the boosting meta destroyed? Nope. People want a smooth content progression pathway (e.g. a day 1 honor system)? Don’t hold your breath. People want some class balancing changes? Laughable. People are expecting some legitimate Classic+ additions like new quests, zones and raids? Delusional.

They’re just going to consolidate all the old Classic servers, reset them and re-launch them. I’m cool with that. I love a fresh vanilla server. I play every one. It’s an extremely fun 4 - 6 weeks. Then I quit again. Looking forward to it, honestly. Just mystified by the unrealistic expectations here.

It’s already on the PTR. We’re looking at 4 - 6 weeks.

3 Likes

They will just connect more Classic Era realms. They have not done merges in the past.

Remember, these are cloud based servers. They wouldn’t be saving a bunch of money getting rid of a few low pop realms.

1 Like

whats new world launch date?

5 Likes

February 30th

My hope is that they reset fresh servers 2 months after phase 6. And move the characters to current phase 6 servers and wipe the fresh server and start back to phase 1.

There is already a confirmed option to roll onto FRESH BC servers at the end of Phase 6.

Could you link please? I might be interested in this.

Please could you direct me to that? That changes everything for me, If that is true I am just going to stay in TBC and wait for Fresh TBC when it comes out.

4/20/2069

Confirmed, you say? Give us the link.

2 Likes

I think he is trolling. If he doesn’t provide evidence is best if we flag the comment so it doesn’t confuse people.

2 Likes

His “proof” is probably some streamer who said it so it must be true right?

I would have thought they’d announce it for around 9/28 since New World goes live then. When does the next FFXIV expansion come out? That might give an idea of when kek

You really haven’t been following along have you?

The 100% confirmed source announced Classic WoW before Blizzard, the release date for Classic, BC before it was announced, the release for BC, Diablo 2 Resurrected before it was announced & the release date of Diablo 2.

He has been consistently 100% accurate and he has confirmed that FRESH CLASSIC WILL ROLL INTO BC. Blizzard source 100% confirmed.

1 Like

i think NEVER.