Fresh Classic is going to SUCK

Thanks to the Chronoboon there will be no world buff related fun activities or content. People are no longer encouraged to team up to preserve their buffs or take them from others.

Thanks to the terrible new PvP system there will be no entertaining ranking drama. Everyone just plays against themselves. How amazing.

And of course we still have layers, addons that are literal cheating are still allowed and the Token should also be around the corner.

Hey ive got a good idea Blizzard, the AQ War Effort was the most drama fueled and fun time on my Classic Server, why dont you automate that too? Wouldnt want player freedom and negative interactions in a 2023 mmorpg.

Great job guys. Keep making this game more and more antisocial. Youve turned Classic into another Retail. I wonder why private servers are reaching record populations again.

An MMORPG is supposed to have all kinds of people working with and against each other. Everything is being dumbed down and crybullies dictate the changes to this game.

7 Likes

Removing buffs from people was degenerate behavior. They should all be non-dispellable and only removable by death.

This is the type of cringe behavior they need to remove from the game.

Also remove world buffs from raids. They trivialize the content and make the game boring.

12 Likes

Yeah another guy who says things with literally 0 data to base said claims. People who make threads like this live a really exciting and fulfilling life.

3 Likes

I mean yes, but plus on the other hand, they could add new retro raids as adding new retro content to older games is nothing new. They could also use a reimagined or tbc base for talents, new zones and maybe daily bg/dungeon to improve player interest.

As for wb i dont know make there be an item that a player can use once each 4h or so which gives rend+sf+dmf(damage+spellresistance)+head+heart and let the players go crazy.

where they announced another FRESH at?

1 Like

They announced a few months ago they were working on another seasonal realm. No other details likely until blizzcon.

/yawn

So because you can’t grief people it’s going to suck? It will be fine… chronoboon doesn’t seem like a bad idea.

3 Likes

No complaints here.

4 Likes

Enjoy your dead game. Typical pagle take tbh.

How about this… PvP servers can have buffs, PvE servers will be buffless. We will let the players decide what they care about more.

1 Like

footage of players socializing in orgrimmar before head drops

I wonder how many boars lives could have been saved if they knew they could’ve just world buff stacked.

1 Like

While I never did it, I thought it added some nice flavor to the game, just like I thought it was pretty cool that guilds would coordinate with other guilds when going into BrM to not get wiped by the other faction.

I personally feel that this would be a better solution, but I think some people may genuinely enjoy the act of getting and coordinating helping others get their world buffs for raids.

Anyway, since they announced Dungeon Finder for Wrath Classic, I’ve been playing Retail, and a little HC Classic.

Going forward, I may just get any sort of leveling fix from Classic Era and any sort of PvP from Retail. I’m not sure if I’ll feel like raiding, and if I do where I would want to. GDKPs in Wrath are great gold farms that cover sub fees pretty easily, but idk if I care to spend the time.

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

For anybody who actually took part in the old ranking system, especially the rank 13-14 crowd, are overjoyed to see the end of an unhealthy and socially toxic environment. Nobody enjoyed the process of raid buffs prior to chronoboon. You’re a classic/vanilla purist and I believe there are private servers that still run that very broken release.

3 Likes

This is my biggest issue. Perhaps it’s a bunch of zoomers running things now, and everyone must get a trophy. They fail to recognize that the journey of ranking was the fun. Not being at the end. In fact, most rank 14s just stopped playing once they got it. It was getting there that was the reason to play. Like climbing a mountain.

Now it’s just “cap in a couple of days for 8 weeks and you’re done”. yay? No one will care about organizing. Pugs will be even less driven. Games won’t be going on all week after the first month because everyone left will have capped already in the first half of each week.

It’s just so poorly thought out. Completely illustrates a lack of understanding why people rank. And I’m not gatekeeping. I never even got rank 14. The most I usually get is 10 or 11. It’s the journey that’s fun. Meeting the same people. Socializing in the trenches.

All gone. In favor of “everyone gets a trophy”.

Please.

Everything is looked at now as “well everyone has to be able to reach the finish line”. Why? This is “equity” infecting everything and ruining it. It’s everywhere now.

5 Likes

You’ve obviously never been rank 13/14 or known anybody who has gone through the process. For health reasons alone the system should have never been implemented. To say nothing of the socially toxic environment it created.

4 Likes

Try reading next time. And this is a rank 13 account, it’s even the avatar image. Like I said, the journey is the fun. Not everyone needs to get rank 14. Why is this looked at as if everyone must get to the finish line. Ranking is a near insurmountable task of fortitude. You do what you can, and meet the people you meet, socialize in the trenches and that’s that. Why must everyone get rank 14? It is just “equity” infecting wow classic now.

5 Likes

Nobody said everybody has to have it. In fact a very small % will even under the new system. 500k honor a week is still beyond what most the player base can or will do. It is a “less” unhealthy system but still unhealthy. But it is finally headed in the right direction.

3 Likes

I understand the motivation behind the change but what I’m saying is that by doing this, you get rid of the socializing in the trenches with people you get to know. You get rid of the constant ongoing games through the week. You get rid of organization. You get rid of several variables that encouraged doing more than afking.

None of this is being recognized because the people that made this decision and the people defending it do not understand what makes the vanilla honor system tick, and why people who play it play it. All because there is this trendy idea that everyone must be able to do everything. And if something is too exclusive, the bar needs to get lowered. That’s exactly what is happening.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I agree here… only because purging dispels is just a game mechanic and I don’t know that we need to change the game as a result of this. At the end of the day, the issue is being on a PvP server.

I’m actually not sure how relevant that is these days. Does much world PvP outside of ganking/griefling lowbies happen often? How does it compare to the opt-in experience you get on a PvE server? I’ve always played on PvE servers but you can bet that every time I brought a raid to anywhere on the world and started picking fights, we’d usually get some opposition joining in.

So I feel like folks who don’t enjoy the purge-meta should maybe consider whether or not a PvP server is right for them. This is just me speculating/wondering though, like I said, I don’t know what advantages a PvP serer holds these days.

However…

I completely agree. That this behaviour got so pervasive is really disappointing. I suspect a lot of the roots are in how we idolize streamers and youtubers these days. We see someone do this, think it’s funny, and want to do it ourselves. It’s very easy to do and soon pretty much everybody is doing it.

Back in 2004-2006 I have no doubt people did this but it just didn’t spread as quickly as it does now.

It’s one thing to purge your opponent in PvP to gain an advantage, it’s another entirely to do it for the sole intention of being a pest and disrupting their game experience.

Again though, other than just not playing on a PvP server, I don’t know how you change that. Maybe Blizzard intervention against deliberate and repeated griefing behaviour? I feel like that wouldn’t be a bad thing anyway…

I have no interest in socializing in pvp during the ranking process. Did it once in 2004-05 when the brackets were small and the progress was really slow. With the exception of the few sadomasochists that play classic wow, nobody wants it again.

1 Like

I’m not talking about long chats about how life is going. I’m talking about seeing people you see a lot, knowing how they react and making off hand remarks about things that happens because of that mutual understanding.

I keep hearing about how unhealthy it is to rank 14 and it’s sadomasochists that do it. Then don’t do it? Take some personal responsibility instead of ruining the game for everyone else. Rank to 10 and call it a day. The true gatekeepers are those that refuse to settle for what they’re willing to do.

A lot of achievements in life are taxing on the body. Try climbing Everest and feeling fantastic at the top. You’re gonna be drained. There are land, sea and air marathons through the Sahara. Don’t do it if you don’t want to. But saying “hey that’s too much and unhealthy – let’s get rid of that and move it to a 5k paved flat walk” is dumb.

I’m just tired of it.

Not everyone runs marathons to win them or even finish them. What’s being lost here is the journey. That was the fun. Now everyone has to have the trophy. Simple as.

1 Like