Frequent Ability Failed Inputs / Delay / Lag

Not sure if this would be better posted in bug reports or here.

Since the 11.2 patch, or sometime after one of the restarts since, I’ve been experiencing this very detrimental issue where sometimes when I press a button nothing happens.

My global is done and I can see the button being highlighted 1-4+ times (depending on how fast I’m spamming it) but nothing happens. Sometimes it takes a full second or more before it just suddenly works again. This seems to happen with any spell / ability. Doesn’t matter if it’s instant or has a cast time. This happens very frequently. Perhaps at least once every 30 seconds.

I wasn’t able to find any other threads about this so that makes me suspect that it could be some kind of network issue on my end / my area (I live in New England). However the game appears to be running normally. It’s usually very obvious if you’re experiencing a lag spike. It appears / feels like everything is normal except spells just stop working. I’m also not getting disconnected from the game ever and my ping always reads 38-39ms home + world in game when on Chicago datacenter servers.

This problem seems to happen everywhere too. Dungeons, open world (both new and old zones), solo delves, battlegrounds, arena.

I also tested with all addons fully disabled to rule out that and it still happens.

I’m not certain if the issue started on patch day or after one of the later patches because I hadn’t really had time to play until Friday besides messing with talents on the dummy for a bit. But I’m 100% certain it NEVER happened before 11.2 because I did a ton of M+, all the hardest horrific vision challenges, ?? boss, etc and my buttons never once just failed to do anything like is happening now.

Update:

This problem is actually a new bug in 11.2 caused by stopcasting channeling macros (which I use for 99% of my buttons).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.