Free valor!

Good news! There is a new valor farm out there. As a dps, if you leave a key, you still get valor and chance for loot. The absolute best part about all that is I now possess proof that you will 100% without a doubt, not be punished for using this method! Source is linked from a ticket reporting key leavers over loot pieces going to them even though they left mid key. Enjoy the new farm! https://imgur.com/a/c8XNO1J

2 Likes

Where’s Anxxy

1 Like

lmao gatekeeping the forums and finding things to NeCrO

bro is literally stalking the forum page, what a life

I hope it gets easier for him

1 Like

You think people finish keys after people leave frequently enough for this to be a viable “valor farm”?

I realize that it’s frustrating to go through the effort of finishing a key short somebody only for them to get loot. But think for just a moment about the alternative. If the group isn’t locked into the loot together the moment the key starts, and is instead based on who is in the group when the chest is opened, what would stop someone from kicking everyone as the last boss dies to guarantee both pieces of loot every time they host a key?

Which do you think would be a bigger problem, someone getting their 20% chance per item in the rare key that gets finished without them, or group leaders screwing 4 other people out of their loot opportunity every time they complete a dungeon?

If it’s any consolation, people leaving early because a key isn’t going to be timed probably aren’t in it for the valor or loot anyway, so they probably didn’t benefit in any significant way at least. It does suck to lose loot to someone who wasn’t there though, I get it.

1 Like

There was some sarcasm here, I don’t post on the forums/reddit machine enough to know how to imply sarcasm with the “/s” I believe it is.

Why put it at that point? It could be upon completion of all requirements i.e. trash 5 and bosses downed. So as soon as last boss is downed/engaged, those people are locked in for the rewards. I don’t really care that people leave keys, there are a million and one reasons someone could/would leave a key. The gripe is, why reward them?

I understand this sentiment. It’s when people leave and the group is on track to +3 the key still. That’s what happened in this case. The key was still +3’d at the end without the fourth person. I understand that it’d be difficult/time consuming to scan each and every key 1 by 1 to find the issues, but on a reported case by case where they can sit down and look at exactly what happened, what was said, and make an assessment, to say they can’t do anything is absurd. Especially when I look at a past report of leavers made where I was told “there should be some systems in place to punish players like that automatically already, [b]ut I’ll have a look to see what happened here just in case.” source: https://imgur.com/a/qc2LxWv

I think its a system that really needs to be reevaluated and maybe change the check points in which the game identifies where people have put in the effort to gain rewards. Maybe have a contribution meter or something. I’m no game designer but the current system is heavily flawed imho (and yes I understand that any and every system is flawed, BUT it could definitely be better.