Free Character Transfers for Burning Crusade Classic Realms

Lmao imagine letting more Ally to Benediction or more Horde to Faerlina.

What a poorly executed attempt.

3 Likes

There need to be faction restrictions, you brainlets.

3 Likes

Yea i think its just an error , you should be able to go to yojamba since its pvp oceanic too, prolly just didnt list it cuz you have 55 active raiders looks like they didnt list oceanic at all

If we need to wait to for reasons (holiday travel etc) how long do we have until you close free xfers?

Could a server like Fae close early because of a mass influx of players?

You have very clearly made a mistake in the list here. Felstriker is a server with a single raiding guild who are struggling for players. It is very obviously dissimilar to the rest of the destination servers you have listed. Please fix this typo and let us know that it’s going to be implemented correctly for tomorrow.

3 Likes

Hey Blizzard, you forgot about Netherwind.

It feels like you tossed two middle fingers to the Horde population on NW. Once all of your in-house drama settles down, you should consider rebranding your company under the name Thanos for your pure ability of dismantling an entire faction at the click of a button. One single raiding guild remains on Horde side and is just narrowly scraping by each week to fill its 25 man roster.
Aside from posts made by gold farmers, the auction house is barren. It’s impossible to pug any dungeon without coordinating hours or days beforehand, using a third party app to fill the group. Unless your intentions were to host a post apocalyptic style server, you really missed the mark with this announcement. I’m afraid you will continue to ignore our pleas and ultimately I will have to unsub after what’s left of the Horde population turns to dust.

Please add Netherwind as a source server to transfer off of. We’re begging you.

3 Likes

You guys seem to have completely forgotten that OCE exists (again), how do Felstriker or even Yojamba not have options to transfer off but all those other servers do?

2 Likes

Hey blizzard, what are you doing?? Felstriker only has 1 raiding guild and quite often outside raid nights I am the only person on the server of late if not joined by 1 or 2 others.
Why aren’t the loyal player base of 30-40 people being offered to move to another OCE realm. Get it together guys.

3 Likes

yojamba has 6200 people on it, they dont need to transfer off

Are you all using outdated metrics? Netherwind is pretty much dead and isn’t on there. It’s 97% alliance and even at primetime is hard to find groups. Horde are basically extinct and most of the major raiding guilds transferred to benediction.

Why is it ok to allow xfers to servers with 10k+ players but not allow dead servers to transfer?

Just merge servers already please, this is ridiculous. Transfers are a bandaid, merging servers until there’s 8-10 healthy/balanced servers is actually addressing the problem. You can’t keep half-assing this.

3 Likes

They’re not going to merge 12 servers from various time zones and various realm types in order to have maybe 2k people on it.

This is effectively their way to close these low pop servers without saying they’re closing them.

I’m not saying merge them into each other, I’m saying merge them into the higher pop servers of the same types. And closing them without closing them is a non-solution to a very real problem.

It’s not much better on the Alliance side. I can only imagine how brutal things got as Horde. For those who don’t know, Netherwind has seen over 1,000 players leave the server in the past month; approximately a 30% drop total population according to Ironforge.pro. I can tell you that, in reality, these figures must be understated, because it feels a lot worse.

I really wish I could just quit this game. Thankfully, at some point, I will. I can’t reasonably justify paying $25 per character to move to a high population server, not because I don’t have the money, but I don’t want to reward this company’s incompetence. From a practical perspective, you are expecting and/or requiring players to pay and additional fee–on top of their subscription–to actually enjoy the game, because you won’t put forth the minimum effort required to maintain the health of the communities that are the foundations of its popularity.

I understand that people are going to be upset regardless of what action you take. Server economies will suffer, some (crazy) people may prefer lower population servers, and it’s not actually Blizzard’s fault that players migrated off en masse. But, there is a certain amount of effort that’s required to be put forth to maintain the quality of your product. I work for a software company too, and it’s not something we enjoy either, but we put forth that effort, or our customers move on. It sounds like you’ve had some experience with that lately, as well.

Don’t even get me started that it’s a bit ridiculous to charge so much for a server transfer in the first place. It is clearly such a common occurrence that your engineers have invested time and resources into automating the process. It takes mere minutes to transfer a character from one server to another, so it’s not like there’s an overhead cost you’re incurring here; it really is just pure profit. I can only surmise that you’ve recouped that investment long since. And, I also suspect that this actually lowers your overall maintenance costs by streamlining your maintenance burden with fewer servers to manage, all sponsored by your player base. You’re welcome. Glad to assist you keep your struggling enterprise afloat.

Look Blizzard, it’s not enjoyable for players on low–and even medium–population servers. The community has spoken, and been nice enough to provide you with feedback on how to improve your product. Some of us software vendors aren’t so lucky. We have to pay to solicit that kind of constructive criticism. Take the feedback, and strongly consider implementing some of the changes. Restore a modicum of the community’s faith in this company that you’ve seemingly been so intent on (successfully) destroying.

Remember when we originally asked for classic and your response was, “you think you do, but you don’t?” Well, Pepperidge Farm remembers…and look at how that turned out.

2 Likes

Please look at Earthfury, although it is a Medium server, the Alliance faction has only a few hundred players at max.

2 Likes

You forgot felstriker

3 Likes

No, no there doesn’t.

All alliance in the game should be on benediction. All horde on faerlina or whitemane.

If your GMs suggest anything else find a new GM.

Only servers that matter. Let everything else die.

1 Like

Yep. Everyone dodged off of EF when they had 4.5k players… all just to quit the game or raid log very hard.

Xferring treats the symptom, not the disease.

Game is boring… oh well

It’s not much better on the Alliance side. I can only imagine how brutal things got as Horde. For those who don’t know, Netherwind has suffered a massive decline in population. Over the past month, over 1,000 players–greater than approximately 30% of the total population–have left the server, according to online sources. Sadly, alts must have been heavily represented in these statistics, as these numbers don’t really do it justice. The server feels absolutely dead.

I really wish I could just quit this game. Thankfully, at some point, I will. I can’t reasonably justify paying $25 per character to move to a high population server, not because I don’t have the money, but I don’t want to reward this company’s incompetence. From a practical perspective, you are expecting and/or requiring players to pay and additional fee–on top of their subscription–to actually enjoy the game, because you won’t put forth the minimum effort required to maintain the health of the communities that are the foundations of its popularity.

I understand that people are going to be upset regardless of what action you take. Server economies will suffer, some (crazy) people may prefer lower population servers, and it’s not actually Blizzard’s fault that players migrated off en masse. But, there is a certain amount of effort that’s required to be put forth to maintain the quality of your product. I work for a software company too, and it’s not something we enjoy either, but we put forth that effort, or our customers move on. It sounds like you’ve had some experience with that lately, as well.

Don’t even get me started that it’s a bit ridiculous to charge so much for a server transfer in the first place. It is clearly such a common occurrence that your engineers have invested time and resources into automating the process. It takes mere minutes to transfer a character from one server to another, so it’s not like there’s an overhead cost you’re incurring here; it really is just pure profit. I can only surmise that you’ve recouped that investment long since. And, I also suspect that this actually lowers your overall maintenance costs by streamlining your maintenance burden with fewer servers to manage, all sponsored by your player base. You’re welcome. Glad to assist you keep your struggling enterprise afloat.

Look Blizzard, it’s not enjoyable for players on low–and even medium–population servers. The community has spoken, and been nice enough to provide you with feedback on how to improve your product. Some of us software vendors aren’t so lucky. We have to pay to solicit that kind of constructive criticism. Take the feedback, and strongly consider implementing some of the changes. Restore a modicum of the community’s faith in this company that you’ve seemingly been so intent on (successfully) destroying.

Remember when we originally asked for classic and your response was, “you think you do, but you don’t?” Well, Pepperidge Farm remembers…and look at how that turned out.

2 Likes

Bigglesworth Alliance is going to be ruined now I have to pay to xfer off?

2 Likes

Well I suppose this buries the hatchet on Deviate Delight. I suppose it was bound to happen eventually, I just wish Blizzard treated the symptoms of dying servers before having to do this.