Free Character Transfer for realms in Wrath classic

How long will this stay open so people have time to disccuss with guildmates and guild leaders because my guild is on Westfall wrtah classic and this is a good idea because it very hard for us to recruit on that realm but we also ned time to talk to the guild so was just wondering the time line of when this will end because tehre was none on the post about it.

1 Like

If you are currently playing on one of the source realms, we’d encourage you to make preparations to move as soon as you are able to do so. We will be moving all remaining characters on these realms to a new destination at some point after the launch of Cataclysm Classic. Moving your character before launch will allow you to have a choice of where you end up, so we’d encourage you to do so as soon as possible.

Sounds like you have, at minimum, till Cata launch. As at some point after launch they will auto pick for you.

I know that isn’t very specific, but you might have luck if you reply to the thread and ask there.

I’d suggest not delaying. If Blizz feels one server is getting too many people, they can close transfers to that one and make people pick from the others. So I would talk with your guild asap and make the decision sooner rather than later.

1 Like

There’s really not enough for them to do that even if everyone merged onto one server.

Sure there is. If everyone starts going for one server, even if that destination realm doesn’t hit a theoretical maximum it can support, Blizzard may still decide they rather have the active population balanced out over more servers and decide to turn off that transfer. You don’t know the exact limits Blizzard has set or what exactly they intend to do, so the safer option is to assume the free transfer may end at any point for any specific destination realm and make a move earlier rather than later.

Will Blizzard do that? Unlikely, but they can.

1 Like

On the ‘blue’ thread, folks have mentioned concerns that this is a character transfer and not a guild transfer. I think they need to do some clarifying before moving forward on this.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to find answers to this, major bummer if my guild is just dismantled, all the bank tabs people spent time farming gold to earn gone, and nothing but a memory left.

5 Likes

What is this post even about. Are we able to transfer our toons to permanent wrath classic realms or something before cata classic comes out.

1 Like

No, its transfers from servers that blizzard is closing due to low population, to medium/high pop servers for Cata. There are NO perm wrath classic realms.

1 Like

Man I was so stoked for a moment. Nevermind then. Back to hating this company lol.

5 Likes

Old Blanchy horde should have been given a white mane option.

Looking at their options, their best horde out is an east coast horde server. Ping may take a hit. Atiesh is an alliance server.

Pve servers don’t have hidden massed players who don’t log submit for raid… We don’t have raider io for scoring system, yet.

Oh no… 99.99998 horde goes to 99.9999%. Anyway…

3 Likes

Yah. One of my mains is on old blanchy to. I am just waiting to be able to clone transfer him to permanent wrath classic realms and cata classic realms. But blizzard hates me. So it will probably never happen. Maybe it will though.

So how does one enable the free transfer to another sever. i know how to do it when I paid to transfer or do i “buy” the multipack and it comes up as a zero balance ???

Just go to ‘shop’ then ‘services’ and there is a free transfer option you can click on.

When will free transfers be available and how are they accessed? I only see options for paid transfers so far.

On the character select screen on the bottom left click shop then services. If your server has a free transfer it will show a free transfer. Click it then click buy. If your server doesnt have a free transfer you wont see it.

Git it. Many thanks!

They are available now.

Step 1: Log into game and go to character select screen. Ensure you are on a server with free transfers enabled.

Current WOTLK Servers that should be allowing FREE transfers:
Sulfuras
Azuresong
Ashkandi
Windseeker
Westfall
Old Blanchy
Yojamba
Myzrael
Maladath
Angerforge
Earthfury
Skyfury
Eranikus

(Pulled from https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/free-character-transfers-%E2%80%93-wrath-of-the-lich-king-classic/1827305)
You can find Classic Era , Hardcore, and SOD realms here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/article/319945

Step 2: Select Shop in the bottom Left Corner.

Step 3: Select Services
Click Free Character Transfer

Click “Buy Now” (It will be free - dont worry)

Fill out the information. Select Realm - Character - Check the Transfer Realm box - Select destination and continue.

The transfer is not always instant and may take some time.

When all is said and done, you should now be on your selected destination realm.

With free transfers, some restrictions are bypassed.

You can transfer a character of any level, there is no minimum level requirement on free transfers
You can transfer a character that was recently transferred, the free transfer ignores transfer cooldowns
You can use the paid transfer service anytime after a free transfer, as the free transfer does not apply a transfer cooldown
There is no limit to the gold you can bring with your character
When transferring a dead Hardcore character, the mailbox content will be deleted, including mails from the Auction House

Edit - I see you found his reply while I was typing this up. Hope it is of use to others.

Have the decision made prior to prepatch. If u dont. Then dont come here and blame blizzard because it took 3 weeks to discuss it.

Unless you’re stuck on bloodsail buccaneers. The decision is already made for you. And we’ve discussed it for months, hoping free transfers would be offered :pensive: