Free Character Moves for this Region

Just a straight transfer of your character. If your name is already in use on that realm you will be forced to change it. You can not alter your character in any other way

Ok, I figured it out. You have to “buy” the transfer, for free.

I used the wow census add-on last night to look at population. Bloodsail Buccaneers had 7,200 people online at peak hours (horde plus alliance). One cannot transfer away from this server, at this time. Windseeker had 5,800 people online last night. This server is open to accept transfers from more crowded servers.

Evidently 7,200 at peak is fine. I think Blizzard strategy is pretty clear at this point. We are all Tauren in cattle cars!

edit: interesting… I tried to get more data this evening and the census app was no longer working.

Character transfers: (You do not have to wait for the migrations button w/qs)
You can access it at your character screen in the shop. Select shop and you will see services and the free transfer will be displayed

1 Like

I am proof this isn’t the case those throwing your premise that “everybody” will do something out the window. I’m going from Horde Stalagg to Alliance on Earthfury. Last i saw Stalagg was very horde dominate to Earthfury where the horde hold a slight edge.

That may have changed but it’s what it was when i made my choice.

Yup I have a 60 mage with a ton of gold sitting on thalnos. meanwhile 11 rl friends are chillin on netherwind. Supposedly nothing they can do.

1 Like

Hey Westfall peeps! I heard Windseeker has quest mobs for you zerg all over! Go check it out!
/bye

As I’ve mentioned in another topic, me and my brother just transferred out of Skeram.

We’re Alliance and it was so unbalanced favouring the horde plus the disproportional amount of people on the same server that it not only felt like a horde fest but also kind of disruptive to the experience due to the high amount of players.

Looking forward to having a more balanced classic experience and not spotting 5 horde players everywhere we go :slight_smile:

Let me guess, they “hate to say it” but “even if we could move your character it would likely break your toon.”

That was their story for me.

1 Like

You guys are more than welcome to come on Earthfury. It’s a nice serv with a good community. See you there!

3 Likes

We transferred to Earthfury from Herod recently. Here are some positives:

1. I had some real grind spot pvp. On Herod, I never attacked alliance since we had way too many horde. It felt like bullying. On Earthfury, the balance of horde/alliance is fairly even. At times Horde was outnumbered.

2. There are no queues. I could log off and take breaks as I want. This is also reflected in Inns that are not filled with AFKs trying to avoid getting logged out.

3. The various LFG channels (including trade, etc) are not filled with spam. They are readable. I even keep them up while questing at times. I was able to find a ZF group very organically while questing in Tanaris. Even during late night hours there is activity.

4. Earthfury feels alive like the higher population original vanilla servers were alive. No vanilla server was full like Herod. No vanilla server was full the way a single Herod layer was.

5. Earthfury does not seem to have layering. This means I get to meet and know the people I play with. There are enough people where you run into different people. But like Vanilla, there are few enough that you can start recognizing people. I knew all the top guilds and all the big pvp players during vanilla (I was one of the first 60s, first with epic mount, etc on my server).

6. Earthfury will not be crazy to play on when layering ends. This was always a fear while on Herod.

The only real con of Earthfury is the population could tank if people lose interest in the game. It’s population is healthy now, but if there is a huge migration from WoW, it could become problematic. But with how active WoW Classic has been in the last month, I am not too worried about that.

Come join us on Earthfury. We could use a few more people, just not a lot more people! The server seems fun and welcoming so far.

5 Likes

This honestly is the same situation on Heartseeker right now. It’s a great experience and last night some of the 60s on our server got together and started MC.

I don’t know what people want anymore because they have been tainted by private server/launch week populations, but Heartseeker is equally/more full than my server was back during actual vanilla days. How that equals a dead server is beyond me.

I’m excited to see more of you on Heartseeker, but if no one else moves, the population is great already.

3 Likes

Moved over to Earthfury from Herod last night with the guild, and so far the experience has been great. Population wise it feels to be at the perfect level for the Vanilla world. The server also has a more laid back vibe to it. 10/10 would transfef again.

1 Like

They added too many servers now to. 2 of them are still low all the time …

GJ creating early dead server lol

1 Like

I don’t understand why Blizzard is still giving people the option to transfer to Heartseeker as it has healthy population. And reading through this forum it sounds like Earthfury is doing fine.

Anathema and Arcanite Reaper are way too low. Maybe if they redirected everyone to only these 2 servers they would actually grow.

What I really don’t understand is why they aren’t just offering paid transfers from and to any server. Just let me and my friends pick where we want to go and take my money please. It seems like plenty of people are displeased with both their current server and their transfer option.

1 Like

Because that could exacerbate server population imbalances.

If they opened up transfers to any server, do you think players will split up evenly between the different realms?

1 Like

I think that if they opened it up, Arcanite Reaper and Anathema would actually die as they are already extremely low… People would leave these and go to a realm with healthy population (My friends and I would at least). And then yes, I think the other servers would actually find themselves closer to even population than the current situation.

Someone on Whitemane, for example, isn’t going to willingly transfer to Arcanite Reaper or Anathema if they do their research first. But they probably would transfer to one of the many other servers with healthy population if they had the option.

1 Like

Anyone nows how can I transfer my character from Thalnos to Earthfury ? I was not been able to find a link or a section to do this. Thanks

The “Shop” button on the character selection screen.

I really wish they would address the issue, lots of people having trouble re linking with friends who transferred.

1 Like