Free Character Moves for Chaos Bolt-US

What are all of the folks with cross faction toons supposed to do? Just delete them and wipe all of our time invested? What an absolute DISASTER of a decision. Open up transfers to all PVP servers you smooth brained dinks.

6 Likes

Iā€™d like to share my story in the hopes the devs see my reply and consider other options for players on Chaos Bolt.

When SOD launched, I knew immediately I wanted to make my horde toons on Crusader Strike. I was lucky enough to find amazing people who I have been raiding with from the jump. Weā€™ve bounced around a few guilds together (interpersonal drama is inevitable) but we have stood by each other and have finally found a new home. Weā€™ve struggled together and have succeeded together. Theyā€™re truly like family at this point and I wouldnā€™t trade that for anything.

Then Chaos Bolt was created and I was overjoyed. Another RPPVP server with an opportunity to play Alliance! I was so excited to give paladin a try. So I created a prot paladin that has become a part of a tight knit community of players that I have raided with since the realmā€™s creation.

Unfortunately, the realm has been in a sad state for quite some time. With its population dwindling, a decision like this was inevitable. However, players like me are now given no choice because we cannot play horde and alliance toons on the same server. In other words, my Paladin has been stranded on a desert island, while my guildies are moving to Crusader Strike. Itā€™s my understanding that realms like Wild Growth are not accepting character transfers at the moment. I would implore the SoD team to reconsider this and allow those of us who have stuck it out on Chaos Bolt to have the option to transfer to other realms besides Crusader Strike that we may continue to enjoy being a part of the families weā€™ve found and created.

RIP clammers

Gud strong orc welcome Alliance refugees to Crusader Strike. But warchief not allow. Shame on all orc. We no better than them.

4 Likes

ā€¦ Alright, thanks for the memories CB.

See you all when Season of Discovery is done if they go forward with a new RP-PVP in whatever happens after SoD.

Note: I have alts on CS and the atmosphere of playerbase between the two just arenā€™t comparable. One was super laid back and the other felt somewhatā€¦ hostile, for a lack of better words.

5 Likes

Login is currently restricted on this character. That is what it says on my character that i moved to CS.

Crusader Strike is already labeled as high population. When P3 hits a lot of people are going to start playing again. This combined with the merge seems to be a recipe for hour long que times for half of p3.

Same thing for me. I heard there is already too many alliance on CS so I hope we didnt just get screwed.

I think I figured out why they are doing this. It isnā€™t because of the difference between horde and alliance faction numbers on OUR server. Itā€™s about the damned streamer servers. Early on in Feb for two weeks our server AND CS experienced a major drop in populations (Waiting for P2 people left to do other things). Blizz only cares about the streamer servers bringing in subs and xtransactions. If you look at the drops for both, percentage-wise they are very similar, but they want to boost the population of CS rather than care about our little server

[Chaos Bolt Population over the months]

ironforge.pro/era/server/Chaos%20Bolt-US/

[Crusader Strike population over the months]
ironforge.pro/era/server/Crusader%20Strike-US/

1 Like

Let the people on Chaos Bolt choose which server they want to free transfer to. This is a no brainer. People have opposite faction toons on different servers. This was caused by an oversight by Blizzard dev team, so give them the choice of destination server for their Chaos Bolt free departure.

5 Likes

This straight up. Iā€™d go to Lava Lash instead.

2 Likes

I already dealt with queues on Grobbulus at the start of WotLK and donā€™t want to go through that again. Blizzard should be offering free transfers to CB from CS, not the other way around.

5 Likes

PLEASE PLEASE PLEAAAAASE allow transfers to Lava Lash; I would do that in a heartbeat. I do not want to play on a completely swamped realm, plus, on Lava Lash I can have both my Paladin AND Rogue on the same realm AND there is vibrant RP on Lava Lash, which is why I rolled on there in the first place. PLEASE!!!

4 Likes

Straight up. Why move the lower pop to the bigger pop instead of allowing the higher pop to go to the lower pop to avoid queues and such?

3 Likes

Hello,

Please do this with Skull Rock and Defias Pillager for Hardcore. You should eventually sunset Skull Rock and have Defias Pillager be the only Hardcore realm.

2 Likes

I hadnā€™t played WoW in about 10 years - enter SoD - and I was actually excited to come back and play again. That classic experience with a new twist, I knew immediately Iā€™d want to be playing on an RP PvP server - because itā€™s the type of people that I associate with.

Because of the queueā€™s I ended up on Chaos Bolt and couldnā€™t have been happier with the experience to date. I personally love the smaller, close-knit atmosphere from a lower population - RP server like Chaos Bolt. I run into so many of the same names, over and over, and RP & chat with them, both alliance & horde alike. Appreciate yā€™all out there farming whelps in the Swamps with me, both combatants, and friendlies alike.

Never once had troubles finding groups on CB. :person_shrugging: That said server pops are always shrinking, and once you get below a certain size - Iā€™m sure it gets harder and harder - so I get the logic - and get the business decision behind it. But at least give us the option to transfer to a server with a similar population profile - not just another RP-PvP server.

If my group decides to go to Crusader, Iā€™ll check it out, and try to give it a fair shot - but without that recognize-able action from leveling up on CB with everyone - and not running into those people depending how many layers CS has - I just canā€™t see me feeling the real tie to it. The experience just isnā€™t going to be the same, and so far Iā€™ve been enjoying it.

3 Likes

So I have to choose between keeping my Alliance or Horde characters because I use either realm to play the opposite faction now?

2 Likes

A move to Lava Lash would be awesome too, due to that servers low population and would bring it up. Please, donā€™t let the RP community be divided again like it was in release, along with us all being forced to play with streamers.

3 Likes

The Free Character Transfer service for this realm is temporarily disabled while we investigate a bug.

5 Likes

Yep. For the people who leveled Horde on one RP-PVP and Alliance on the other we are SCREWED.

4 Likes