FPS plummeted after Prepatch

Hey everyone,

I have a pretty new MacBook Pro I bough in 2019 (specs below) and before the prepatch I used to run WoW on 9/10 (almost everything at ultra) with no real problems whatsoever.

After prepatch it became unplayable at high settings right away, so I have lowered it to 6/10, disable sunshafts and etc but still getting down 10 fps at times, maxing out at 20-30.

So right now I have to lower the resolution scale to to about 80% for the game to be actually playable. I dont remember what resolution I used to play before, as it has reset, but it was very crispy (I suspect it was default).

Either way, this computer is basically brand new and always performed very well, so I dont know what’s going here. Anything I can do to fix this? <3

Catalina v 10.15.7.

MacBook Pro (16’’, 2019)

Processor: 2,4 GHz Intel Core i9 8-Core

Memory: 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB / Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Make sure you turn off vSync – for some reason this is set to on by default in 9.0. Gave me back about 29 fps (I had it set to 60 fps with graphics settings 10. Most of the time, no problem on a 5700XT, but in Boralus I’d find myself around 30 on occasion. Turned of vSync and it never dips below 55)

1 Like

Same here.

Ran perfect for me on graphics slider 7 before the prepatch.
After the prepatch, runs like trash. I’ve tried lowering settings significantly and still runs extremely poor.
Running eGPU with 5700XT on iMac with 8GB RAM from an SSD on latest version of Catalina.

I hope that Apple/AMD release a driver update to address this or blizzard should acknowledge/address this issue.

That was it! VSync off and back to normal, at least for now. Thanks Sagerremeseb. Have you tried it Zennson?

1 Like

Yeah, same result even with Vsync off. My next step is a factory restore on the iMac to see if it helps. I’ve already cleared the cache/wtf/interface folders.

Maybe Big Sur will come with fixes? One can only hope!