FPS issues in 10.2 may be related to render scaling - something appears to have broken

This post on reddit indicates that FPS issues may be being caused by render scaling and fidelityfx super resolution: https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveWoW/comments/17zl3m7/for_everyone_who_has_issues_with_fps_drops_i/

However, when I tested this myself in game, only adjusting the render scaling appeared to make any difference. I normally play at 83% scaling with fidelityFX turned on. Setting the scaling back up to 100% netted me an additional 15-20 fps in valdrakken. changing fidelityfx to any other setting appears to have had no effect on its own. This issue seems counter intuitive given that render scaling reduction should net you FPS increases, which is why mine has been set to 83% since fidelityfx came out. Blizz seems to have broken something internally.

1 Like

Came here to post about the same. I’ve attempted to drop render scale down to 85 to take advantage of the FidelityFX, but I lose about 20-25 fps when doing so. Adjusting Fidelity strength does nothing at all as well. 3080ti w/ a 5950X Ryzen 9.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.