FPS Drops in instanced areas....even The Timeways

I’m not sure what is causing this…but even with all of my addons disabled my fps plummets to the teens in instanced areas but runs 60+ in the open world…

It was fine yesterday but as of today it has been complete crap…

I updated my graphics card driver prior to gaming today so i figured that might be the issue…but im even having trouble with the old driver as well

2 Likes

This is happening to me as well. Everything was fine earlier. Came back after dinner and now I go from 180+fps to ~10fps inside any instance.

2 Likes

Same here. Instanced content is nigh unplayable.

Example:
All addons disabled.
Character runs into dungeon. FPS is now <110FPS. Moving the character around drops FPS to 58-61FPS.
Close game. Log back in inside the dungeon, and now I’m getting 450-750FPS inside the dungeon.
Leave dungeon and run back in, it reverts back to <110FPS with drops to 60FPS when moving the character.

1 Like

That’s exactly what happens to me.

Yeah the fact that closing the game inside the instance fixes it temporarily is wild…

1 Like

Same here. 200+ fps in open world. Soon as I go into an instance/dungeon my fps drop to 30-50 and its very choppy. If I alt+f4 and reopen the game, when I load into the same instance/dungeon, my fps are back to the normal 200+. So before I start any key I have to close and reopen my game while in the dungeon. That is the only solution I have found and its irritating as hell given all the money i’ve spent on this PC and WoW.

Tried everything from disabling all addons, rolling back gpu drivers, changing all my graphic settings in wow and nvidia cpanel, reinstall wow, reinstall addons and so much more.

Playing @1440p
PC Specs:
CPU: I9-13600k
GPU: Asus 4080
Ram: 32gb Corsair LPX DDR4 3600mhz
HD: m2 ssd

1 Like

Same here. Normal FPS until I enter an instance, my FPS goes from 117 to 30-50 and is microstuttery.

• Nvidia 537.58 — Parked on this version until the Discord streaming issues are fixed.
  • Happens without any addons. I even moved my WTF folder and tried again.
  • Reloading has no effect on it, but restarting the game fixes it so long as you aren’t leaving the instance.

Edit: Abandon the quest “Sharing a Bountiful Feast”, it was causing this issue for me. Found on the EU forums.

4 Likes

Omg this worked for me… I am absolutely in shock lmao
Thanks for that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same thing happens to me. The new portal room seems to tank my fps and I need to relog. Just started this evening.

Went from 27 FPS in instances back to 160 FPS. Not sure what Blizz did, but this fixed it for me, thanks for sharing.

life saver. was going nuts trying to figure this out.

I don’t have the quest mentioned about and my performance in 10.2 is abysmal.

1 Like

you’re a lifesaver thank you so much

this post seems to indicate it may be a render scaling issue https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveWoW/comments/17zl3m7/for_everyone_who_has_issues_with_fps_drops_i/

I tested it myself and what I found was that I got a 15-20% fps increase in valdrakken by changing my render scale from 83% back up to 100%. changing FidelityFX super resolution to any other setting didn’t seem to have any effect so it seems like an issue particular to render scaling itself

I had a guild member with this issue and it fixed it for them. Thank you.

Ive made some tests and recorded some evidence. This surely looks like an internal engine issue. Restarting the game fixes it :confused:

Abandon the quest “Sharing a Bountiful Feast”, it was causing this issue for me.

This worked for me! THANK YOU

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.