FPS Dropping in populated and other areas, especially in Oribos

Hello, I recently upgraded my computer and noticed that my game performance got really bad, I have problems keeping the FPS above 100 (as usual on the previous Hardware) even with everything at minimum and in populated places like in Oribos my FPS drops from 100 to 50-60 and oscillates to 100.

I am running an RTX 2060 SUPER, 16Gb RAM 3000Mhz, NVMe 480Gb, i7 10700k 3.80GHz.

I checked the temperatures and is Ok, the Hardware is new. I have tried several and several solutions from the internet. Can someone please help me? It’s not impossible to play, but it disturbs me a lot.

1 Like

I’d add your specs to this thread:

And run the DXDiag reports the blue posts have asked for.

Seems to be a fairly widespread issue after the Dragonflight prepatch, the more we can report and show builds/drivers/etc. the higher chance at a fix.

Thanks, I posted my settings in the topic you mentioned

It is frustrating to have better than recommended hardware and not be able to keep the FPS stable.

1 Like

Oribos is quite a heavy zone and all system have limited and choppy FPS there.

My fps bounces from 7 to 15 to 25. I have disabled all add-on’s and even tried to uninstall and test (still very slow). I reinstalled and setup again as I like the add-on’s and removing them did nothing to help my fps. I think Blizzard need to have a the ability to refund my “Pre-Purchase” as I haven’t played the new content and if it’s like I won’t as it’s almost non-playable in this state! I’ve been up and down the changing of video settings, closing out all other applications and cpu/ memory using apps… and painful…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.