Fps drop since update

Yesterday after the update I was playing fine with 140 ish fps on Mac m4 and this morning I log in and my fps is 35-40 nothing changed in settings or anything, running the latest update like the day before , anyone else having same issue ?

same exact issue here. Was getting over 120 FPS on my M4 Mac, and then after the servers went down yesterday I can’t get above 45 FPS. We need a hot fix ASAP blizzard.

Same problem. Anecdotally, it seems that the client is forgetting graphics settings, despite showing the sliders in their set places. I’ve been able to boost it back up (to a degree) by sliding the problem sliders (Shadow Quality and Secondary Lighting) up, saving the settings, then sliding it back down to the minimum and saving again. One at a time. It also seems to reset when you hearth or zone into a new area, forcing me to do it again. That in concert with ChrisDecember’s Github tool, it’s playable.

That said, this is a sorry state for the game to be in. Mac support is specifically advertised.

Please come make your voice heard in the main thread, there’s a blue who’s responding to our concerns. Those of us on non-max M hardware got shafted with the latest update.

I would reply in the main thread, but I don’t have an active subscription so I can’t.

Just want to give more details here in case someone at Blizzard sees this, I was playing on an M4 iMac with my resolution at 1440P and graphics settings at 3. I was able to consistently get above 120 fps in outdoor zones and above 60 in major cities.

After whatever update got pushed last night, with the same settings I am getting max 40 fps in outdoor zones and under 30 in major cities.

Was really looking forward to getting to lvl 30 today and trying out the new Excavation Site dungeon but the beta is basically unplayable for me right now.

Edit: Also wanted to add that my iMac is running WAYYY hotter ever since this update, I don’t think it should get this hot running a game from 2004 on pretty low settings.

Happy to report that this did seem to fix it lol

what fixes it exactly? does every setting need to match exactly?

yes when I perfectly matched raid and battleground settings to my main settings I was getting the same perforamance Ive been used to since beta launched.

basically the client is choosing max settings even if it shows lower settings :expressionless_face: this is why people who are already playing at max settings do not have an issue

Game was running fine on my m5 prior to this update on mid settings at ~120 fps.

Now after the October 1 update I’m getting lots of stuttering and fps drop below 60 on the lowest possible settings…

Borderline unplayable for me.

:expressionless_face: hth