Found the solution for Battle.net WINDOWS NO DISK error

Hi guys. So I have windows 8.1 and have had an issue where I couldn’t start battle.net without a no disk error that went on an endless loop. The only way for me to even exit out of it was to turn off the processes in the task manager. The error mentioned exception 0x0000013. There was a thread posted here that I also posted in and asked for assistance, and now, a month later, I still had the same issue.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/bnet-update-exception-processing-message-and-file-io-error/630850/17

Anyway, I got to experimenting and found my old WOTLK physical box, and put the install CD in. Battle.net immediately started without any issues or errors, and once I removed the CD it STILL works fine. It completely fixed the issue permanently. I was already considering upgrading to an SSD and buying a new copy of Windows 10 just for this, as I haven’t been able to play for a month.

If anyone else sees this and has an old expansion CD around, try putting it in and starting Battle.net, it completely fixed it for me.

If that doesn’t work for some search online for steps for regedit the bnet files replacing something to 2 causes the error to disappear but it gets sent to a error file it’s just hidden and let’s you continue as you were before this error started.

(8.1 user as well.)