Forums systems are being abused... Again

What did you honestly expect by giving players the ability to lock threads?

And for that matter about abuse, how do you not expect players to grief with that new 95% xp debuff for those who turned xp off?

5 Likes

The exp debuff is only applies if you queue up with that person.

4 Likes
5 Likes

There has already been a blue post about the XP debuff, stating it will only apply if you manually group with a person who has XP turned off. If you are match with some one like that randomly (through LFG for dungeons or PVP) you will not be effected.

1 Like

its not applied in random queues

3 Likes

I believe a Blue locked your other post by the way.

8 Likes

Nice. So you don’t refute my point and just mention the blues.
I’d rather have a blue lock my post (for breaking forums TOS), then watch this self censorship that is going on to silence entire parts of the community.
Specifically what literally just happened again with the Helf megathread.

1 Like

Welcome to mob control, OP. Mass report to get what you want.

No he was responding to the OP:

So he said this:

As in… no a player didn’t lock your post. A blue did.

Wipe the foam off your mouth.

12 Likes

he still got the context 100% wrong somehow, and it did appear as gloating to me, which is why my response was so venomous towards him.

I don’t pretend to know exactly how it all works but it was my understanding that any thread that gets locked via players only gets locked for like a day or so unless a mod approves it for lock.

I could be completely wrong, that was my understanding.

What…and.,…what???

I think he means the ability to flag a post utnil it gets hidden. It just sounds like whining to me.

2 Likes

An individual ‘character’ can’t.

Enough reports in a thread, and it can be locked automatically for 24 hours. Takes a fair number of reports though I think… I generally only see it in threads on fairly volatile subjects as of late. Flight, LGBT, high elves, etc.

1 Like

There is so much wrong in the OP’s post I can’t believe, as explained by one of the mods a blue locked the post, and as explained by many others there isn’t an ability to grief with the 95% xp reduction, it requires a pre formed party, random ques and having an xp off fella doesn’t apply the debuff.

2 Likes

Players don’t lock threads.

Blizzard forum moderators lock threads.

Players can only flag posts for moderators to take a look at.

The decision is still on the mods to remove posts or lock threads, which they only lock when a thread is starting to get heated and pick up a lot of posts that violate forum policy.

3 Likes

sets up chair
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::duck:

1 Like

Seriously Blizz? Individual flags per character? What were you thinking?

Make that crap per account already!

1 Like

You do know that making multiple of the same thread in this case the XP nerf, is classified by blizzard as spam. Can’t complain about your thread being locked and deleted when there’s 1000 people making the same thread complaining about the same thing. If you want to complain about it go to a already existent thread.

Someone gets it.
One subscription is enough to bring a forum to its knees.

1 Like