Forum updates

Hey everyone,

I don’t know where to post this or which section this goes into, but I was wondering if it was possible to add more images into the emote icon.

Specifically, I was wondering if Blizzard could add the spell icons in there (like how it is for macros in WoW) since this would make it a lot easier for me to write feedback posts on specific topics.

The jpegs are already available in WoW and if you make them small (i.e. 64x64), it shouldn’t take up too much space. Do you think that would be possible?

1 Like

General forums would be a catch all for suggestions and feedback such as this.

4 Likes

The other complication is that the forum itself is a third-party product, and that assortment of emojis is the exact same one available to all forums that use this software, so you’re asking for something that’s not in Blizzard’s direct control.

They made dracthyr ones tho and put them in.
:dracthyr_uwu:

The way Discourse essentially works is you use the software as you see fit. What you do with it from there is up to you to mod/personalize/etc. The forums look nothing like Discourse right out of the box, so it’s already quite modded just to look and act like this. How the company chooses to approach that tho, is, of course, completely on them. Bliz obviously maintains the changes they’ve already made, and continues to add/adjust over time (staying up to date on the base patches has a tendency to break your personal changes, of course :stuck_out_tongue: ).

I do suggest you move your suggestion somewhere it will be seen by a decision-maker. I’m always down for seeing more emojis, even if I only ever use a handful myself! My gut reaction as someone that does this sort of thing IRL, is ugh, but if a spell icon changes, then I have to check the forums?! No way! But I bet there are some ancient base ones they may be generous enough to give us someday. That would be fun.

General Discussion is kind of the catch-all, but if you’d like a specific forum, I would suggest the Website Bug Report forum.

While yes, it is labeled for bug reporting, it is also a repository for feedback in regards to the forums/website as a whole per the stickie on that particular forum.

4 Likes