Forum Trust Levels

Hi

I post a lot in the EU and had trust level 3 until I called someone Russian and got a ban for harassment.

Could you please tell me how I get trust level 3 back again and if you could be specific please. I opened a ticket about the ban and got a very vague reply on this subject.

Thanks.

3 Likes

You don’t, I’m afraid. Not on that character, at least. And even that’s only until they update the system to recognize accounts instead of characters.

TRUST LEVEL 3

Get to trust level 3 by…

• Must have visited at least 50% of last 100 days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 500 topics
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 20,000 posts (both starting posts and replies)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended (including forum suspensions or in-game account actions of any Blizzard game) ←
3 Likes

I don’t think you’ll be able to as you’ve had account action against you.

3 Likes

I was told there is a decay rate for suspensions so that’s why I’m asking, I don’t really care about the level I just want to be able post links and images without using the pre-formatted text tag, and because that’s only level 3 I am asking about getting it back.

As far as we know there is no decay rate for suspensions. If you have been suspended this part would be what would be applicable. I don’t know of anyone that has been suspended that has gotten level 3 back.

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen, there have been people who have had their Trust Level 3 restored, but that was only because the account action they received was appealed and removed. After the were found not guilt of their account action, they sent in another ticket to have their Trust Level restored.

6 Likes

Correct. If an account action is overturned on appeal, the action in essence never happened, thus no strike.

5 Likes

I have a feeling that this may be moved to General and not get a Blue answer.

Still, at least I got a pet named after me.

It does not need a blue answer. You got the proper answer. At this time an action against they account prohibits you from re obtaining TL3.

There is discussion to let these actions decay over time, but nothing has been implemented at this point.

If an action is overturned on appeal, you can still achieve Trust Level 3 via the standard requirements.

5 Likes

A Blue post on this topic.

5 Likes

I am wondering if they do go to account wide trust what happens. I posted awhile ago on a different character. Maybe not even on the new forums? It could be though. She was reading a thread and saw one poster had the weirdest transmog over his face. She asked what was on his face and got a week ban. I wasn’t reading the cs forums so I didn’t try to appeal. I am afraid I will get shot down for that.

Actually I was cause it was this forum. But I thought it was an innocent question.

It must’ve been for something else or they lied to you. Usually first offense is 24 hours, unless you really over step the line. If they or anyone else feels like they were innocent, feel free to appeal! Some users do false flag just because they disagree, and GM’s will clear that up. Just recently happened last night on GD.

The worst that can happen when you appeal is they say “no”.

Best of luck!

Wait, haven’t i seen you in the Lounge? If so it was not this iteration of forum.

Previous actions on the old iteration do not hold you back. Thankfully.

3 Likes

The moderation team would really only able to look into appeals, they can’t provide details on the trust system outside of what is already publicly available.

As I said in a previous thread that Rufflebottom linked, we do hope to add a decay system that operates under a forgiveness mechanic so that extended positive behavior will allow folks to earn back trust.

I’m afraid I don’t have any specifics on that but I would just recommend continuing to post within the Code of Conduct and forum guidelines as you normally would.

Not necessarily. Depending on the context it could have been considered a derogatory question meant to troll. Something like that could have been appealed.

Yes and no. If you were permanently suspended from the previous iteration of the forums that should have carried over to the new ones. That was how it was supposed to work at least.

8 Likes

Great point. I had not considered the permanent option. Thank you sir.

1 Like

What I’ve learned so far is just have the yes man face. Even when you think they are wrong or have the not so intelligent ideas or opinions.

But to your question I don’t think you’re getting it back m8. I’m sorry.

1 Like

Aren’t we a wee bit negative…

You can have an opinion, it’s all how you voice it. If you have a habit of running your mouth, TL3 is gonna be a tough goal to reach.

As I learned long ago, with Blizzard, Never say never. These forums are a work in progress and it is not it’s final form.

7 Likes

You can have opposing views. You can even dislike the direction Blizzard is going with WoW and post about it. Just be civil on how your present your views.

6 Likes

In the MVP documention that I received a while back, it overtly encouraged MVPs to voice disagreement when we do. But like the others have said, as long as it’s done within the CoC, it’s all completely acceptable.

6 Likes

I said yes man face not a yes man attitude. There’s a difference.