Forum profile bug (not an armory bug)

The forum profile for this character (the page that shows posts, activity, likes given, etc.) shows her as being a member of a guild. However, she has not been in a guild for nearly two months.

This is not an issue with the armory page! I think support misunderstood when I tried to file a ticket. Her armory page is up to date, but her forum profile is not. They’re two different pages.

Forum profile: us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/u/character-realm
Armory: worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/realm/character

I know the armory doesn’t update changes immediately (and that support can’t manually update it), but it usually resolves within a day or two.

The forum profile, on the other hand, is still incorrect. I have noticed very old guild tags (several months out of date) on characters belonging to other players as well, which is a bit discouraging in regards to whether it will update on its own.

I would really like for it to display information accurately, please! I’ve decided to make it private for now, but I would prefer a legitimate solution, if at all possible.

(Also, if anyone of note bothered to read this, an addendum-- I would love the ability to retract likes. I didn’t realize that they become permanent after a while even though people can edit posts. Please please please consider implementing this…)

EDIT: This is my first post on the forums. It seems the old guild tag also shows up next to my character’s name on posts I’ve made. :frowning:

1 Like

Same exact problem here. I don’t know if the forum profile even has a way to update this info at all–it might just fetch it once when your account is created, and that’s it. :confused:

My mog is not updating , I want to have the celebration shades displayed for all eternity . Make it happen nao

Months later, character guild tag still hasn’t updated.

Additionally, her forum username (seen in account settings) still has her old realm name instead of the one this character was transferred to, so the armory link on the forum profile doesn’t even work anymore. I guess it’s busted unless I transfer back.

My M+ data got wiped and replaced with random names too after I transferred, but that’s a topic for a different thread. My point is that there are a lot of issues with keeping website info in-sync with the game.

I’m not a big computer person, but doesn’t Blizz have a new API or data retrieval this year? Can the forum be refreshed every so often just like the armory? Or does it just permanently pick up data at the time of logging in to the forums for the first time and then NEVER change? I’ve seen people’s icons change to match their transmog, so why can’t the username and guild tag? (Though now it seems there are issues with transmog updating as well, not to mention deleted alts on the character selection for forum replies)

I don’t have any personal issues with my old realm or former guild-- they just weren’t right for me. I wanted to try something else and see if it would work out. It just bugs me immensely that my profile and posts display inaccurate information and are also now broken.

I can’t even delete my character’s forum account separately from my Blizz account so that I can log in again and have it permanently pick up the new data or whatever. I really dislike that these things are totally out of my control.

Pleeeease forum tech. People with some sort of reach who can communicate this problem with the new forums. Anybody. :frowning: If I’d have known about this, I would have never logged in to the forums at all. It is really, really bothering me.

EDIT: People are saying that deleting search history and logging out cleared all their forum data. I’m presuming that’s a bug, but it would actually be ideal for me… the only problem is that if I transfer back to my old realm, then the armory link would break again.