Forum poll that let's us change our vote

What’s the point of the poll if we can change our vote and skew numbers again?

1 Like

Who cares? The poll isn’t going to do anything anyway, it’s just a way for us to feel like they are listening and want to hear what we enjoy the most. They already know what we enjoy the most since they have actual numbers of activity.

Sorry to burst that hope bubble.

It’s probably for a general idea. Because people can also vote on alts and don’t get to vote all our favorites. It’s pretty flawed. But I don’t think that it’s there solely to be able to tell what people like alone. Considering it only will likely get the feedback from a fraction of the playerbase.

Another reason why we need b-tag on the forums.

Also it makes people who do care more angry. If they are willing to have a bad poll like that now, what about in the future for more “serious” topics that they will want a real poll for?

2 Likes

The good thing is they’ll know internally that people voted more than once.

While true, this looks bad from a PR prospective unless they announce they won’t be counting them. This leaves them open to purge votes they don’t want also saying “It’s ppl voting on alts” though.

It could but I’m not sure how serious to take it to begin with. It’s just been entertaining to me personally to see stuff move around. And I can only guess people are fighting for their favorite thing to be best.

1 Like

I think the poll is dumb mainly because the choices are so poorly presented.

1 Like

Heh, tell me about it.

No arena pvp

no rated bg pvp

no skirmish pvp

No timeless dungeons

And many more options that should be there like treasure hunting, grinding, proffesion gathering/crafting

Lore and rp is missing too.

unless its the “choppers” thing all over again and a person doesnt even need a bnet account to vote. How long untill the 1 or 2 people who play eve online drag their 4000 player alliances to “vote”?

You can’t skew numbers. You can change your vote, but so what? So your vote says you prefer “DF PVP” and then you change that vote to “Classic PVP”.

Perhaps these aren’t particularly meaningful, since they likely already have tons of data that supports what content people actually play, having opinion-based polling separating Classic from DF may give them some insight into what people think they prefer.

Alts get’s their own vote, meaning players can vote multiple times.

Also being to change votes after you see results gives the “left behind mentality” where ppl wants to vote with the crowd.

This is why good polls don’t let you see the results before you vote or let you change it.

Then it’s better not to have said poll then making ppl quiestion the pr stunt.

1 Like

Basically the same way actual voting irl works then.

1 Like

Lmao raiding at 9% and they try so hard to screw M+ over so people would do more raiding

It’s skewed by people who use alts and vote more then once too.

No its once per account

Actually we have no data on how the poll works. I think a player can vote on every level 10 alt.

Did you test this?

You replied to me specifically for a reason or by accident?

Yep, just like millions of votes rolling in during the middle of the night adding up to more than the actual number of registered voters. lol

1 Like

I got on my alts and the option to vote is there for them. So it’s not once per account.