Forum Issues

Yesterday I discovered that all my retail characters are no longer available here and I can only use my classic characters. WRA forums also disappeared from my realms. My retail characters still exists in the game and I haven’t gotten anything from Blizz.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I had this issue a few weeks ago. Here’s what fixed it for me:

• Log out of the forums completely.
  • Enter world on at least one character.
  • Exit WoW and log back into the forums.

For me, this brought back my entire retail roster, but I think I’ve seen it said that sometimes it only brings back the specific character you logged in on.

4 Likes

I’ve also heard deleting your wtf folder (MAKE A BACKUP so you can get some of your other settings back) and then logging into a retail character has worked for some people.

Sadly, nothing has worked for me at all.

So I tried the suggested method but it didn’t fix the issue. Put in a ticket and a bit later it started to work but the site appears to have upgraded for me. Little flashier now. Anyway, thanks for the help!

My character list doesn’t seem to have updated since at least early-mid December, so Electriclady is the only character I have that is accurate to current info.

I saw someone mention all the log-in / log-out here and in game, but that didn’t help. The forums don’t seem to be synced with the Armory, so I’m not sure what else if anything I could actually do to try to get it to populate correctly.

Had that issue a few times. Happened today when on my phone. Had to force a logout then restart my browser app then go through authentication again to get my normal posting toon back.

Just tried this method, and it did work for me. It’s at least worth trying.

This happened to me, too. Logging in/out of the forums only fixed it, but if that doesn’t, I hope the above methods fix it too.

Notably, the week before I lost all my Retail characters and only had my Classic, I couldn’t swap between characters. I posted on my priest in the Priest forums and couldn’t swap back to Dawnfield for a week. Then I lost all my Retail characters altogether. Unsure if it’s related, but it kept me from posting for a few days till I figured out a fix.