Forum feedback: Ignore User

I don’t know where to put this, so I’ll ask here.

There is a problem with the forums and the “block user” function.

People with hidden profiles are immune to this feature and use this to continuously troll other users.

If you’re going to add the ability to allow us to block people, make sure there is a way to block EVERYONE, otherwise it becomes a pointless feature.

They’re not immune, you just have to block them manually. You can add their name and realm to your list of blocked people :wink:

2 Likes

In game? How does blocking someone in game block them on the forums?

Edit: never mind, I found what you are talking about.

I change my original post to this:

Make that easier to find. It’s buried in the forum commands and it’s not something obvious.

See above.

Who said anything about in game? If you know their server they play on and the toon they’re using on said server, you can type the info in to block them.

For those who have not found the options yet here are some quick instructions.

1. Go to your own Forum Profile page. Example https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/u/mirasol-pagle
  2. Go to “Preferences”
  3. In the left hand menu select “Users”
  4. You will then see options for adding users to your Ignore list or Mute list. You want to IGNORE them, not just suppress notifications.
  5. Click the “Add” button under “Ignore” and add the charname-server just as you see it in the forum profile/activity page.
  6. Select a time frame to ignore the person for.

DONE!

You will still see that there are posts by someone you ignored, but they will be greyed out. There is a way to avoid that too but it means adding custom filters to a browser addon.

5 Likes