Forum Changes - Why I Hate Them

I think the MVP group grants that privilege it’s not available at trust level 2 as best I can tell.

1 Like

Well, you’re obviously a privileged poster, that’s why you are able to do that. It tells me I cannot post urls.

Well I cannot say that I asked them but I also don’t think that every decision blizzard makes has to be about us. And once I found out we were getting them, I very much wanted them.

It is interesting that you think moderation is scare when even many of the so-called “shills” have been noting in thread after thread about the over-moderation of these new forums. To my eyes, MVPs have not been any more present than usual but even if they have been nothing has changed. They are still just players whose only ability to “moderate” is by using the flag system the same as the rest of us.

Why do you? I mean, I do because it has become habit for me to check the forums everyday. I hate the like limiting but there are some sites that you can link to and presumably these have been approved by Blizzard so that is fine. Its no different then having a code of conduct that doesn’t let us bully each other or make derogatory comments. Blizzard has decided what is okay. Random linking would be problematic.

Again, their forums, their rules. Cliched I know but it is actually factual.

3 Likes

The level 3 privileged is for gifs / images from [any] site. Like, the discord upload server or some random image board on the internet, but you should be ok if it’s from trusted sites like imgur. That is what I understood anyway.

It doesn’t make sense for anything to change from how it was before. If I had a bug in game, I uploaded my images to an imgur album, and then I linked it. Why would they prevent us from doing that now?

That’s from my EU account. It’s basic, not flagged for anything and I barely meet the requirements for Trust Level 1.

1 Like

You’ve only visited for 9 days and need to visit for 15 before you’re trust level 2.

That’s it.

Also, you can post URLs with https://the code functionality.biz

2 Likes

It seems the exact rules are thus:

I suspect even within that it has to be a blizzard account, not just random accounts.

If you put a tilde ` (next to the 1 on your keyboard) you can post a URL. Put it before and after and it does the following:

imgur.com

And this is what I like about you. Always find the silver lining! :heart:

I like the new forums in every way, both on my PC and on my phone - so I can’t agree.

3 Likes

You never could before. So I’m not sure what your point is with this. The only difference is that the system automatically tells you no, instead of a moderator having to go change it.

Make more than 13 posts, get beyond trust level 0 and you won’t have that problem.

Your character image is at the top right of the page. All notifications and info can be reached there.

I’m starting to wonder if you’re very good at navigating websites in general if you can’t figure out this place. That’s not meant as an insult. Merely that you might want to spend a bit more time clicking on things and studying the page in front of you. Once you look at a bit more, all info is easily accessible right in front of you. Try to take a step back from the angry and play with it for a bit. You may change your mind.

1 Like

I think they’re okay.
However, I don’t like the ‘limited like’ quota, I don’t like that people are begging/handing out ‘likes’ because it apparently helps with a trust level.
It’s getting eerily close to social media that I won’t participate in due to those reasons.
As it is, people put too much self-worth on social-media perceived validation - they care way too much on what strangers think of them or their words.
Blizzard is now feeding that ‘addiction’ too, and it’s not mentally healthy.

2 Likes

I don’t see people begging. I see them having fun with a new positive thing on the forums and being amused by it/poking fun at what it represents.

No one seems to care what others think any more than they did before with the like button. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I have, and it would be the last thing i’d call ‘fun’.
It’s dangerous. Especially to those that are insecure in real life, or feel they have little self-worth as it is.

The layperson will not know how to do this, but an expert Internet troll is probably going to know how to do this, I’d suspect. How did you find out about this?

They probably bothered to take a few minutes and read the New Forum Guide at the top of the General Forum.

1 Like

Because it is detailed in the Sticky at the top of the forums… and btw are you always that rude to people who are trying to help you?

1 Like

I was on another unrelated forum that switched to this exact same Forum software. At first people liked it then things started breaking. Soon editing posts became all screwed up and other things broke. The scroll down to the end of a thread became a real pain.

The “no ignore button” further contributed to increase trolls and spammers.

Or they paid attention to the edit box options that has buttons for the following:

• Quoting a whole post
  • Bold and Italic
  • Links
  • Blockquotes
  • Preformatted text
  • Lists (both numbered and not)
  • Emotes

Which is why I mentioned that OP might actually change their mind if they managed to spend a few moments to acquaint themselves with all of the options right there at their fingertips.

2 Likes

You can post URL’s at lvl 1, you just have to know how to do it. It’s not a straight copy/paste, you have to use ’ I believe. I haven’t tried it so… Just from what I’ve read.

Takes 2 weeks if you visit the forums every day and post a bit, like a bit… To hit lvl 2. No biggie.

That said, I’m still not fond of the new forums. I prefer the simpler old forums. I do understand however that they are quite outdated and things change.

I can deal with it. lol

I usually don’t watch the youtube stuff because I don’t care to do so. I’m here to read not watch a video. But then again I don’t have to… I can just skip that post and move on to the next one. I have music playing I don’t want to have to turn it off and listen to someone talk, it’s massively boring. But I don’t have to I can just move on to the next post.

So all is good. :slight_smile: