Forum bar is scrolling with screen?

is this a bug? it wont stop following my screen and getting in the way of everything!

3 Likes

this cannot be working as intended. Just terrible in so many ways. What am i even looking at?

https://imgur.com/reQZ9WW

1 Like

your looking at my beautiful transmog and face.

actually that awful scrolling top bit is partially blocking your picture/name, and has buried your heading text altogether! Its all messed up and need to be fixed so nothing can cover anything!

2 Likes

fix this trash blizz
ill find every thread about it and complain in them

this is awful

2 Likes

I agree. It’s really distracting, especially the overlarge ‘Download Battle.net’ button which is frankly, idiotic. If one is reading the forums, it’s pretty darned likely you already have the battle.net app.

Why is this taking up so much real-estate and detracting and distracting me from what I want to read.

Does Blizzard have no one with a User Experience ability?

Yeah, this started last night. Both bars are overlaying the page. Very annoying.

Functions great on mobile but I’d definitely prefer a static nav on desktop.

Looks like an easy change:

@media (min-width: 960px) {
	blz-nav { position: relative; }
	.d-header-wrap { position: static !important; margin-top: 0 !important; }
	#main-outlet { padding-top: 0 !important; }
}

They implemented a mobile interface and didn’t consider PC users…so rude.

I’m surprised it’s still here. It’s so intrusive and annoying.

2 Likes

I also find this feature to be unnecessary. That huge banner should stay on top of the page and not scroll with it.

4 Likes

This floating banner thing is making the forums practically unusable on devices like my iPad as well, so not all mobile device are working. This really needs to be fixed or reverted back.

This whole thing deserves to be featured in the BadUiBattles Reddit.

4 Likes

Not going to jump on the bandwagon of this being forum-breaking, of suggesting that Blizz is too inept to fix this, of demanding it be done right now, or pretending it’s some huge deal that bothers me to the point of being angry.

No memes about ‘billion-dollar companies’ or ‘small indie companies’ or any of the other condescending nonsense folks throw around in an effort to gain the ‘likes’.

It’s just ugly IMVHO and poor design if you compare it with other popular sites that have navigation bars at the top.

That’s it and that’s all, no big deal. Just my two cents.

Or, just in case it’s needed, as many feel it is…

“ZOMG!!11!!!one!! the forum nav bar is killing me. rip. feelsbadman. omg what’s wrong with them, my hamster could design better pages, they’re at the foosball table instead of fixing their forum bars, i’m off to reddit to find support for this major issue. follow me on all socials.”

/shrug

Thanks for fixing this. The floating bar is no more.