Forsaken RPers

How are you feeling with Shadowlands thus far?

4 Likes

apathetic

hoping people have fun with it, i suppose. im mostly not engaging with any of it for the sake of what i care about.

7 Likes

I donā€™t have any reason to feel proud of being a Forsaken. Iā€™m either a refugee or a war criminal.

7 Likes

I plan on leveling my Forsaken to 60 soon now that I have flying unlocked. Otherwise, not so sure on RP. I thought about making a silly joke profile about them being maw sworn since I killed them off in BfA.

Otherwise, I donā€™t do well RPing in Orgrimmar since itā€™s too much noise for me to keep my head on straight. I used to mainly stalk around Brill for RP before it got leveled in BfA but now that itā€™s gone I havenā€™t done much RP since then.

So idk maybe Iā€™ll get back into RP later on my deader but for now going to RP on my Alliance characters for the time being.

1 Like

People of the Forsaken!

How do you feel about the leaked new ad improved and de-blighted Lordaeron?

Please donā€™t be trolling. Weā€™ve been talking about getting the city back as soon as we lost it.

Of course, nobody is at all bothered about that tree. To ashes, we say!

Pertaining to roleplay itself, I feel like things can be fairly unhinged and quiet, outside of guild activity and a core group of people that I play with. If not for them, sometimes Iā€™d feel like maybe one of two dead people, though this could simply be due to the hours Iā€™m logged in.

There is this strange feeling of emptiness that persists even with the release of 9.1, as a lot of people picked it back up, and then seemed to put it right back down. In other cases, I just find that it can be a challenge to get a story rolling from anywhere near the Tail.

Not that Org wasnā€™t always known for being a bit of a disaster in that regard.

1 Like

not sure if itā€™s trolling (yet) but there was recently an image of Calia in front of a non-blighted Lordaeron.

2 Likes

Iā€™m cynical enough to believe you without any proof.

3 Likes

The afterlife is hella-weak. Your choices are; join a Greek memory cult, torture disembodied twits for eons, become literal spare parts or get eaten by space bugs. At least the maw has lots of plate armor and a nipple-king.

4 Likes

Link us, link usssss!

Iā€™m less than excited for Savior Calia, but maybe we can at least get our city back? And the elves can, uhhh, plant a tree on that tree?

1 Like

I am personally assuming this is fake, but if it is light bathed and owned by Alliance, one could argue it is a step for Forsaken regaining a capital since reconquest is a thing and if the rumor of light based antagonists are true, places to punt them from will be a thing.

I am doubtful itā€™s more than a joke right now, but it could have interesting story implications (and more importantly, if done right give Forsaken a new, updated capital city where they might live in a city rather than a sewer)

This person is a machinima maker with a running joke pertaining to their series.

This is fake.

6 Likes

OH I FOLLOW THIS PERSON it is just silly model editing

/facepalm

Missing Brill too, but Iā€™m not holding my breath. Iā€™ll continue to check in on Sylvanas and her development, but thatā€™s about it.

Not funā€¦ I mean Sylvanas was everything for us and now its just so weird. I dont even know what to say

im more or less praying sylvanas is out of the way by the end of this, whether or undead or dead dead, so that the forsaken actually can develop outside of her shadow.

this faction has mostly been decided by sylvanas as a character. which makes a semblance of sense, i suppose, since sheā€™s been an absolute monarch dating back to its inception. butā€¦ the forsaken are a people. a people with history longer than theyā€™ve been forsaken. people have culture and choices outside of a dictatorā€™s whims.

while its an absolute stupid, inane, impossible dream that thereā€™s gonna be any worldbuilding in this setting for an essential populaceā€¦ thatā€™s what dreamsā€™re for.

4 Likes

To answer op: bad to the point I quit for the first time in a decade lol

1 Like

Yah, itā€™s very obvious itā€™s fake.

I feel for the Forsaken players that had their character closely tied to Sylvannas and then we gets this story that back tracks on all the aspects people liked about the character. It also sucks because BfA and even Shadowlands has so much good cosmetics for Forsaken players. Every now and then I see some one run past me on my Draenei and Iā€™m like awww they look so cool, I want to race change back to one!!!

2 Likes

Pride is overratedā€¦

(Edit: alsoā€“I have been LOVING rping as a Forsaken in Post-BFA/Shadowlands; have especially been enjoying the [N-RP] Cleansing the Blight | Tue 11/30 5:30 PM | Legion Dalaran: The Portrait Room series in addition to a number of smaller offshoots).

2 Likes

So, this might seem like an odd opinion here.

But I actually think an expansion where the Forsaken are the ones fighting a defensive battle against a revanchist Alliance (albiet primarily humans and worgen) would be a good thing for the Forsaken.

Less for the ā€œGrr, war!ā€ portion of things and more having the Forsaken get put in a spot where they ned to figure out who theyā€™re going to be (i.e, follow a different path or revert to the monsters they had been under Sylvanas) as combatting the consequences of a decade of constant aggression against their living neighbor.

Basis of this isnā€™t for Forsaken to simply get punked though. It would be to be the foundation for what Iā€™d call the ā€˜Part 2ā€™ of their civilization shifting into something more than being the Bansheeā€™s weapon. The Forsaken making decisive appeals to show that even if monstrous, theyā€™re more than just that and that they deserve the chance to have a new future (and that theyā€™ll fight tooth and nail for it, even without Sylvanas)

1 Like