Forsaken retake Undercity, Gilneans retake Gilneas, and Night Elves... get exiled from their homeland

That was a joke.
I didn’t literally mean there were ‘Shaman schools’ lol.

Well, you need to understand the context that the Orcs lived under in internment camps is entirely different to the context they’re within in Orgrimmar.

Orgrimmar is a modern city in Warcraft’s setting. Sure, lower-class individuals might not have a propensity to read and write, but that ability is largely needed for most lines of work within an urban setting.

Those humans were also not living in an urban setting either. Hillsbrad Foothills appears to be largely rural farmland and the structure of Lordaeron as a kingdom is at least somewhat feudalistic with the presence of peasants and other such feudalistic titles.

It wasn’t that he didn’t understand the specific word ‘erosion’ but didn’t understand the concept.

Something that, y’know, is a pretty basic geological principle for how ‘elements’ would interact in Warcraft’s setting… aka, something a Shaman would have some idea about.

Like was formerly mentioned, he’s also a Shaman which would imply some form of spiritual education which would likely incorporate reading (following the frame of logic that this is within a major urban environment).

Adding onto my previous post.

It’s also worth noting that Zekhan was from a small village off the coast of the Echo Isles according to the lore we have for him. So that raises some questions. Would his small village have access to education? Could his parents have taught him? If not, could he have travelled to the Echo Isles to learn?

My assumption is that his village did not have access to education, and so he was taught the skills he needed to survive and perform his duties as a shaman. How to commune with the elements, the rituals etc. All of which could be taught via word of mouth, which is how many spiritual practices were passed down in cultures where the ability to read and write were not common (see Druidism in Britain which was unfortunately almost entirely eliminated thanks to the Druids not writing down their teachings, which were instead preserved through oral tradition. Sadly they (the Druids) were slowly replaced by the rise of Christianity, so the older generations of Druids had no one to pass their teachings onto when they died).

As for not knowing what Erosion is, well that isn’t all that surprising. Erosion is something that naturally takes place over decades. We see artificial erosion occur a lot more often thanks to modern construction techniques and resource management, but someone living in an island region without those things? They’re probably not going to see erosion occur naturally, not unless they were constantly focused on that particular body of water and how it was affecting the earth around it for a long time.

1 Like

Tbh, I didn’t know that.

It’s entirely likely that he didn’t know how to read/write then, I suppose.

I still think it’s entirely cringe to write it how they did, though.

I mean, as a Shaman which specializes in the elements and how they interact with each other it seems like a concept that should be pretty easy to understand.

Also not all forms of natural erosion take place over decades, and most people that live in and around the ocean have a concept of erosion as its something that’s readily apparent on shores/coastal areas.

1 Like

I agree. I do think that Zekhan should have been taught by a Troll or even Rexxar himself. I think that might have been a lot better rather than making Lor’themar the educator.

2 Likes

TBH i still subscribe to the idea that the Primus was meant to be the Jailer and they swerved at the last moment.

The similarities are just too much.

So was the runecarver the primus? Did they ever explain the difference in finger count?

I’m still mad the forsaken were excluded so baine could sit there and thrall could see his mother. Man we literally met the inventor of the magic that enslaved them and could have had drama between sylvanas and the forsaken

2 Likes

nope, they did not. I wonder if An’she was going to be the Runecarver honestly. He could of long been imprisoned

Well, maybe not literally the Jailer, but at the very least it seems like the Jailer was originally meant to have what became his aesthetic.

Or maybe both were, and then they decided that having two old wizard-looking Eternal Ones would feel redundant and came up with more of a convict-themed look for the Jailer instead.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the Runecarver and Primus always had the same voice actor (we heard the Primus in Maldraxxus quests), which is why people were assuming they were the same person even before the reveal.

Trick them into getting killed?
Gonna need a citation on xalatath’s intent there, Amadis.

Xal'atath whispers: I remember the Dark Iron fondly. Modgud was so easy to influence, such was her hate. Imagine her fury when I abandoned her to the Wildhammer at the worst time. I can be very easy to lose. Remember that.

He’s likely referring to how Xal’atath whispers to the Priest wielder to talk to Odyn and ask him an ‘innocent question’. Odyn’s response is to immediately one-shot the wielder, which she definitely knew would happen if the Priest player actually listened to her. The question is a very specific one, where her not knowing the outcome of asking it is very unlikely.

There’s also the fact that the player character is the only wielder of Xal’atath, as a dagger, to not ‘accidentally’ lose said dagger and then immediately get killed. In fact, the priest character is the first wielder to abandon Xal’atath, something she seems amused by when she sarcastically chides the Priest in BfA.

But given history, it’s like a 50/50 chance she’s actually amused by or fond of the Priest for being so ruthless, or is very vindictive and wants to fold them into origami.

She also likely knew what happen if the shadow priest adventurer attempted to hijack power from Elune, given she just went “Oh whoopsie. my bad!”

2 Likes

She also tells you that you’re her favorite holder.

The dwarf was not.

Xal’atath says to her “favorite” holder to remember how easy Xal’atath is to “lose.”

I know this is only Monday, but can I nominate this conversation for the “Dumbest Argument That Shouldn’t Even Be An Argument” award?

5 Likes

Agreed.
Xalatath can’t do anything if her wielder is dead.

Agreed.

That is why all her weilders have lived long and happy lives.

Every single one.

2 Likes

I like to imagine whenever her wielder died or lost her she grew little legs and skittered away like a cartoon character to be found by someone else.

1 Like