Forsaken post 8.2.5

Yeah, the forums have been super slow. I think it still counts my Classic warrior as 40.

Both are kinda disappointing.
I feel like it’s going to be B.

2 Likes

Loira’s belief in the Dark Lady remains as strong as ever, but she recognizes the need to keep it quiet. Immediately following 8.2.5 she was in the city helping others like her - Apothecaries, Deathguards, and other loyalists not immediately executed, escape. It rather reminded her of the panic around the evacuation of the Undercity, which she was also present for. She has since come across other like minded individuals who aim to continue quietly their Queen and, in the meanwhile, is keeping as low a profile she can as she works to supply other loyalists groups with any potions, salves or poisons they may need.

She has always been loyal to Sylvanas - she was raised by her. Upon being raised she went to find her sister because hey, she was back, they could still spend time together and she could be there to see her niece and nephew grow up! Mallory attacked and denounced her, saying Loira was no longer her sister, that her sister never would have come. Loira focused on her research after that, setting up a home in Hillsbrad shared with various spirits as she made all those the living misunderstood, forgot, or hated, her people. Over time she became friendly with various members of the Horde races and worked with some of them for a time but, in her mind, they betrayed her and this strengthened her commitment to the Forsaken. She moved to Brill, working out of the Undercity alongside the RAS - her work with herbs examines the impact various conditions of growth has on the final effectiveness of plants in potions- and following the city’s fall she went to Darkshore where her knowledge was our specifically towards experimental delivery methods of Blight.

In her mind, everything Sylvanas has done, that the Forsaken have done, has been to protect their people and ensure their survival in face of people who would see them wiped from Azeroth. Over the last few months she has travelled with the Fence Macabre, a neutral caravan of merchants and mercenaries and has slowly come to like (read: not actively hate) a handful of its living members. She doesn’t trust them, however -not to put the well-being of her people first, and so her work, and loyalties, remain under wraps.

5 Likes

Mal’s loyalty to her was because she helped free his mind (since he was part of the Scourge). Based on how she treated the Forsaken initially, he was under the impression that she actually cared about them. Even after he left the Forsaken and the Horde though, he still felt some degree of loyalty to her because of that.

He was extremely upset to find out that she really didn’t care all along; at this point, the last lingering threads of loyalty to her have been severed. This might be the first time he’s felt truly free since regaining his will after being in the Scourge - since she doesn’t care about him or the other undead who were under her care for so long, then he definitely shouldn’t care about her.

3 Likes

Cap has been neutral and even now she looks for the balance in the equation. For her, she will not denounce Sylvanas over this, nor will she preach that there is some deep meaning in what took place. Cap will be currently focusing on mending the rift in Forsaken society created by recent events, help a movement to clean up and rebuild in the homeland, and promote the creation of a non monarch government.

Forsaken need to change from their old ways. Others might hunt for her, but we will look out for each other without her. We don’t need Sylvanas to save us any longer, but she will need us to save her from self ruin.

1 Like

Detective Hale never really had any hero-worship of Sylvanas, being a second-generation Forsaken. Certainly he was grateful to her for giving him a second chance at doing his life’s work, and he had respect for her that he gave most law figures. His firm would also say “Doing the Dark Lady’s good work” from time to time. It’s certainly awkward now that she’s gone, and he’s rather nervous because while he wasn’t involved with Teldrassil (he’s law enforcement, not military), his place has always been as a man of the law. He supposes that this isn’t the first time a regime change has been at the front of things, but this time people are pointing fingers and one could point at him.

Then again, all Detective Hale has done is stop murderers and thieves. Is that really a bad thing? Who cares who he did it for!

2 Likes

Yeaaaahhhh…Cole just…got the absolute hell out of Orgrimmar. The man’s too far gone to be anything other than fanatical. He fled to the wilds surrounding Lordaeron with those still loyal to him to get together a game plan.

6 Likes

I’m glad to read this. Personally I have a respect for those who are willing to stay true. It allows for more dynamic RP opportunities.

4 Likes

Orayo just left everyone. He’s actually in a place where Sylvanas could bring him back into the fold, because a member of the Alliance twisted him to his very soul, and they effectively won control of the city he spent a major chunk of his life supporting from wilderness to major city, through what he sees as their puppets. At the moment, he’s just staying on Shen Zin Su, meditating with only whatever names the locals come up with as what he answers to. He probably won’t ever follow the new leadership of the Horde, it’s just a matter of what Sylvanas does next that determines if he gets out of the shock at being called nothing, or just abandons everyone for good, and lives as a hermit on the turtle.

Hex is still Loyal to the Dark Lady. Our whole guild is. He makes point to avoid any Horde cities and only visits sanctuaries like Dalaran. He views the Horde as merely puppets to the Alliance, and will absolutely refuse to recognize that Menethil puppet of the Alliance as the leader of the Forsaken.

3 Likes

Yes. I just saw the patch notes where that happened. There’s no way Ven will go that route. One or two of my other Forsaken might, but not Ven.

Would you guys be willing to take in a guy who doesn’t play retail much but wants a safe place for a Loyalist character or two? Now that the thing is happening I can only foresee things getting progressively worse for Loyalists.

1 Like

Oh yeah, Cap could not trust Calia any more than Sylvanas. Maybe a council sort of government might ease the acceptance for most Forsaken, but really, Calia in a leadership role for the Forsaken might cause more rifts in the society.

Calia never served as a slave in death, she has never known the true rejection of our being, and she has will never know the Forgotten Shadow as we do. Watch her closely, her skin might appear perfectly smooth, but there is a lot missing in her existence which makes her more hollow than us!

1 Like

We shall see. Who knows what a creature of the Light will try to do to us. I hope Lillian is ready to shove a dagger in her back.

Lillian seems to be the most keen to have her. xD

Sarestha will be thrilled by Calia’s return, I suspect. Perhaps even more so by Derek’s, given that it was the forcible seizing of his free will that first put cracks in Sarestha’s loyalist armour, so to speak.

It’s true that Calia has not suffered the same fate as the Forsaken, at least not in the same way. But even if she suffered as one of the living - she still struggled and suffered as she strove to survive in a post-Scourge Lordaeron. She lost her family. She actually suffered at Forsaken hands as well as Scourge, and yet she still cares for her people, the free-willed undead of Lordaeron.

That’s powerful, and it means a lot to Sarestha. In her mind, she’ll never be fanatically loyal to Calia. She’ll never view her as a saviour or messiah in the way she saw Sylvanas. But she will believe Calia is a good fit to reclaim the throne, and help the Forsaken to discover who they are, beyond Sylvanas.

With that in mind, I’m OOCly quite looking forward to it! It’s a new and interesting direction for the Forsaken of Lordaeron. Perhaps a bridge between what they were in life, and what they became in death. Some middle ground.

That said, Sara’s somewhat unorthodox, even when she was a loyalist. She never embraced the forgotten shadow. Despite being a Death Knight, she’s ever held on to her faith in the Light. She’s tried to act as what she calls a “Knight” of Lordaeron - morally, a Paladin. She’s proud of the Forsaken and honoured to be one of them, but she’s always combined themes of living and dead Lordaeron. The Light of the Old Kingdom, with the Vengeance of the new.

The suffering she experienced at the hand of the Scourge is a difference of degree. I will not claim that our suffering was worse, but it is vastly different.

Bless your undead heart for looking at commonality in these turn of events though, that is the mentality that will allow for a quicker recovery in our society.

The fact remains, Calia will bring as much division as she does healing. OOCly I’m not looking forward to it. It is going to be interesting for RP possibilities, but it’s really nothing new. I want a council type government, for me, new is anything else other than a single leader. If the three of them do joint governing, I will be much more happy about this.

3 Likes

council type?
id go with Belmont, Magistrate Sevren and Benthoc Iceshard. So if Calia wants to play priest trainer over in the corner she can. Maybe she starts a cult to parallel the Forgotten Shadow.

ooo an Lillian can do her Uncrowned thing for the Forsaken instead!

2 Likes

Actually, I heard an idea that Calia is only helping in the transition into unlife among this new generation. The idea is that Calia will be the Alliance undead faction head. All assuming that Blizz is going to allow you to chose what faction you want to be in with any of the playable races. Who knows?

I hope this one doesn’t happen, personally. I really don’t want to see the Forsaken additionally split between Alliance and Horde. I’ve no interest in Alliance undead, outside of the Death Knights.

1 Like

Maerlyn Eldham, a known leader within the Cult of Forgotten Shadows and high apothecary of the Royal Apothecary Society, immediately fled to the wilds to regather with those still loyal. No amount of power or privilege among the Horde could convince a zealot like Maerlyn to abandon the true queen.

His loyalties remain with Sylvanas, and if she regards the Horde as nothing, then so does he.

4 Likes

So a few of us started up a ‘Servants of the Dark Lady’ community in-game to gather Loyalist RPers together and I’m not sure how many, if any of you, are in it already but it’d be a great way to stay in touch/plan further story events. If anyone would be interested feel free to mail me in-game on Loira.

Andddd if you need a reason to meet her ICly, she’s working security at The Graveyard Party later this week: [H - RP EVENT] The Graveyard Party

1 Like

oh cool, something for my blood knight to do!

yes my blood elf is a Sylvanas Supporter!

1 Like