Forsaken Gov. Ideas

I think that a small chosen champion selection of deathknights, say… 8 to band together to lead the Forsaken military, with Deathstalker intelligence support and a voted lead representative to be on the Horde Council.

The function of these deathknights would be to uphold and demonstrate direct militant actions against enemies of their “provinces,” as well as organize a core identity for the Forsaken:

No more use of the Blight, no more ninja-ressing poaching of dead Alliance heroes, no more forced ressing of Lordaeron graves.

The idea is to demonstrate a sense of racial identity that doesn’t stem from biological warfare, friendly fire, terrorism and instead focus around a core code of ethics that sets Forsaken military apart from the other Horde member races.

Thank you for your time and attention.

2 Likes

You mean the stuff the Knights of the Ebon Blade do constantly but nobody gets a bee in their bonnet over it because Alliance PCs get to play?

They resurrected Trollbane then upended a whole graveyard in Lordaeron to attack the Argent Dawn. Again. Before dumping Blight on Alexstraza’s children for a slick new ride.

Then they get to be heroes an expansion later and nobody cares.

24 Likes

Your idea is to have Alliance races proclaim a tolerable racial identity to a Horde Playable Race?

Sounds like some Alliance nocturnal emissions made manifest. I would understand if the Forsaken rejected such an offer.

You are welcome.

3 Likes

I think after losing Sylvanas the forsaken should fracture. It would kind of replicate the houses of maldraxxus but spread throughout lordaeron(tirisfal through the plaguelands).

They would be fractured but they would have a general military that each “house” supports in their own way. Of course each house would have varying relationships with others

It would also be nice to represent the various groups with leaders so we can have some forsaken characters.

1 Like

Perhaps I am misunderstanding this, but…the idea is that the Death Knights lead the Forsaken? …Why?

The Forsaken and Death Knights have their own unique identities and histories, alliances, motivations, and objectives. Nothing about the Death Knights would by default make the Forsaken subservient to the Death Knights.

The story of the Forsaken lies in the fall of Lordaeron. The original Forsaken were Lordaeron citizens who died and were raised in the scourging.

Why would the Forsaken give up blight, one of their greatest weapons? Why would the Forsaken stop raising undead? It’s their means in which they repopulate themselves. How else do they replace lost soldiers to defend themselves and their homes?

11 Likes

I was setting up an antithesis to the knights of the silver hand. To show a militant identity of force.

Don’t use the blight anymore; you’re making the Horde “the baddies”.

I would think that deathknight rule where if you piss them collectively off they reanimate you as a mindless ghoul would be most effective.

1 Like

Nations use their best weapons all the time, that doesn’t make them a baddie by default. The Forsaken are not going to simply give up an extremely powerful weapon because their foes don’t like it.

As for the Silverhand…the Cult Of Forgotten Shadow has Lightslayers. The Forsaken don’t need a religious zealout style group of Death Knights governing them.

There is nothing about Death Knights that means they should govern the Forsaken people of Lordaeron.

So… Horde still baddies? Gotcha.

Nobody uses chemical weapons except the Forsaken. Either give up the Blight or get out of the honor/tribal mentality of the Horde.

Because “you people” are bringing them all down.

1 Like

The Horde is allowed to defend itself. Weapons of war alone do not make the Horde baddies. Both factions have weapons of war.

1 Like

It’s flesh-eating virus used on both Horde and Alliance forces before.

It’s from WotLK. Please, let it pass into the past, while letting Forsaken militant-general regional governors of the rudderless Forsaken take over.

Keep the deathstalkers. Keep the Dark Rangers, keep the Barons/Counts/Dukes/Kings deathknights to govern the security for the Forsaken.

Just stop using WMDs.

Nobody should be using those.

1 Like

Weapons of mass destruction are in the hands of various canon lore factions. None of the nations are disarming. Nations have weapons, it’s the nature of war. There is no reason for the Forsaken to get rid of their single most powerful weapon.

Then the Fifth War will be over real quick .

#shrug

They all are. Blizzard cuts the stories short due to players complaints.

1 Like

Or. A higher authority MAKES you give up WMDs.

Say… ALL of the Dragonflights?

It’s really weird how in your posts you make statements like, “Or. A higher authority MAKES you give up WMDs.”

We are not our characters. I am a real person at a computer, who has no WMD to give up. What the writers of this game do, is their business. Maybe you should step back from the sports team mentality and separate yourself more from the game to get a better perspective on the writing.

2 Likes

I was just stating that Malygos wasn’t wrong in his judgment of the use of world-changing torrential/cataclysmic forces in the hands of mortals.

But that’s not how the writers made it play out.

He just went to an extreme, not only giving the more radical Hordies using the Focusing Iris, but also arming his entire Flight to kill all mortals.

I’m trying to come up with an identifiable militant/defensive strategy-based support or war-machine to make the Forsaken stronger.

I don’t see how subjugating the Forsaken to Death Knights and taking away their blight makes them stronger as a faction.

1 Like

Deathknights were the generals of the Cult of the Damned. When some broke free, they became implacable generals or just plain Knights of Disease, Blood and Frost allowed to join the Alliance and Horde.

The “knights” part of their class designation implies they operate with a code in mind.

The Forsaken have need of some form of code to follow by, as them not having one has made them the baddies since inception, instead of bad-“asses” and irreplaceable deathly persistent resolute warriours of the Horde.

The Blight isn’t needed anymore. The Scourge are undone.

Oh, and each Deathknight " Baron/Duke/Marshay/Governor" should have their own flying Necropiles as a base of survey and attack their enemies.

I’m trying to hone them. Make them better than before.

The story of the Death Knights does not begin with the Cult Of The Damned in a pure sense. Building your argument with this as the foundation as the basis for that story is heavily flawed.

1 Like

They’re former slaves of Arthas/Ner’zhul.

The ones from WC2 are different.

And they directly caused the first knights of holy light, (paladins).

What’s your point? I was noting how in Lich King, deathknights were incredibly useful juggernauts and commanders perfectly suited to “do what the living cannot.”

You saying you wouldn’t identify with that mentality core support mechanism for UD?