Former wow dev confirms blood elves to horde

She’s also charged with trying to lead a succession movement to bring Quel’thelas to the Alliance.

1 Like

In that case it was that the Blood Elves were using the crystals as a source of power for the city’s infrastructure. They only mentioned basically everything but fel as stuff that was brought in to slake the addiction (naaru, mana-tapping and mana-cubes from Outland)

1 Like

Alright, lets take a look at the question again.

Q: Did Blood Elves in Quel’thalas use fel magic to sate their magic addiction?

Well, lets see what the easiest and first resource available on Blood Elves says about this, the World of Warcraft website!

h-ttps://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/game/races/blood-elf

the people of Quel’Thalas sated their magical thirst for a time with demonic fel energies.

Huh… Do we see any hint of this happening in-game?

h-ttps://www.wowhead.com/tbc/npc=18763/blood-elf-warlock

h-ttps://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Blood_Elf_Magister

Oh, alright. Seems like we’ve gotten our answer.

1 Like

Guy’s really out here arguing for racial guilt on the one whose 90% are galactic omniciders handpicked by Lucifer to kill the cosmos. :joy_cat:

The answer lies in the question: How did the blood elven fel eye glint become so widespread? The Warcraft Encyclopedia suggests that Rommath only taught the blood elves of Azeroth about how to siphon arcane magic, as most of the populace would likely be “horrified” if they knew the true extent of Kael’s dealings with Illidan.

I’m surprised that this is still breaking brains. We’ve known that feeding on fel magic was “not characteristic of blood elves in general” since 2006. Chronicles outright cited Kael embracing fel magic as the main reason his people back home turned against him.

In Shattrath, (the Horde’s blood elves) had learned about Kael’thas Sunstrider’s fate. It was worse than they’d expected. News had spread that their prince had pledged himself to the Burning Legion.

Some blood elves did not believe these stories. At least, not at first. When they ventured to the Netherstorm, they saw the truth with their own eyes. Kael’thas had embraced fel magic and become the Legion’s pawn. He was their prince no more.

Word of this discovery reached Lor’themar Theron and the other ranking elves in Quel’Thalas. The news broke their hearts, but they came to a consensus. Kael’thas was lost. It was their duty to vanquish him and end his treachery.

Although Blizzard admittedly couldn’t keep the story straight for this website’s revised playable races section. I guess it’s up in the air whether that cursory blurb constitutes a hard retcon to literally everything else the canon has ever said on the topic.

2 Likes

:key: jingle jingle :key:jingle
Did that get your attention this time?

We’re way past talking about this at this point, but if you had a modicum of object permanence you’d know why I gave a large general answer to a large general statement.

I’m not saying all Blood Elves are evil, I’m not saying their the worst race in WoW get that through your head already.

I’ve said this multiple times at this point.

Also, what exactly is your point with that line about the Eredar? Who literally cares.
I’m not arguing that Draenei are better than Blood Elves, stop assuming that.

Weren’t saying every individual Blood Elf was absorbing fel magic, just that both Blood Elves on Outland and Quel’thalas were doing it to sate their magic addiction.

Two steps behind in the discussion, aren’t you.
We’ve already been over this point, we’ve got more recent sources that say otherwise.
The Warcraft Encyclopedia isn’t even publicly available anymore, you can only access it via community-lead archiving efforts.

Not to say everything in it isn’t canon, before you twist what I’m saying and think I’m arguing that.
What I am saying is that any new information that goes against the source should be taken as canon over older sources of information that aren’t available anymore…
New sources of information like World of Warcraft’s own website.

There’s a difference between fully embracing fel magic and using it among other magical sources to sate magic addiction.

The Warcraft Encyclopedia

In spite of the fact that this was replaced with newer, contradictory evidence.

*In Shattrath, (the Horde’s blood elves) had learned about Kael’thas Sunstrider’s fate. It was worse than they’d expected. News had spread that their prince had pledged himself to the Burning Legion.*Some blood elves did not believe these stories. At least, not at first. When they ventured to the Netherstorm, they saw the truth with their own eyes. Kael’thas had embraced fel magic and become the Legion’s pawn. He was their prince no more.

Interesting what a bit of highlighting can do. Let’s try this.

In Shattrath, (the Horde’s blood elves) had learned about Kael’thas Sunstrider’s fate. It was worse than they’d expected. News had spread that their prince had pledged himself to the Burning Legion. Some blood elves did not believe these stories. At least, not at first. When they ventured to the Netherstorm, they saw the truth with their own eyes. Kael’thas had embraced fel magic and become the Legion’s pawn. He was their prince no more.

Amazing.

Which is one paragraph total that contradicts all the prior lore, and isn’t particularly a strong lore source, unless you want to say Blizz is always super consistent across all departments.

If you want to see it you do.

Gasp, Kael did stuff in Outlands that separated him from the rest of his people and didn’t make it back from there?

1 Like

our Lalafell can wipe out lol wow 12 diffrent skills to your 1 to 3 and fast= yall would die lol

Which is one paragraph total that contradicts all the prior lore, and isn’t particularly a strong lore source, unless you want to say Blizz is always super consistent across all departments.

Really it doesn’t, haven’t seen much convincing yet of Belves in Silvermoon just abstaining from sucking up Fel magic

Gasp, Kael did stuff in Outlands that separated him from the rest of his people and didn’t make it back from there?

Sort of mising the point but w/e

It’s World of Warcraft’s own website.

You’re just arguing a dishonest point.
It’s not hard to see, at all.

Way to not read anything, good job.

And contradicts a lot of lore written outside of what’s basically a manual.

Projection.

What, Kael did do a lot of that stuff in Outland, and it never made it back to Silvermoon. He went a bit nuts and signed up with a demon in a deal he kept hidden from almost everyone and had most of his people turn against him. He’s not a good go to for talking about what happened with the blood elves on Azeroth.

1 Like

A manual that can’t be accessed anymore and was replaced by the page in question.

Not hard to see that those NPCs are absorbing magic from those fel crystals.
But hey, I’ll bite.
It just so happens that they use the exact same spell animation for when they’re sucking magic out of Mu’ru, interesting.

Yes, that’s what happened.
Good job.
Not the point that they were trying to backup by posting that.

Chronicles.

You can see them interacting with the fel crystals. you’re just saying it’s what you want it to be.

Then what was the point? Because that’s all I read in the quotes, Kael was doing stuff others didn’t know positively about but there were rumors and that they dropped him when they had confirmations?

1 Like

But your Chronicles source wasn’t definitive at all? You even basically admitted that was just how you interpreted it? Can’t exactly call it hard lore if its just ur interpretation.

Then what was the point? Because that’s all I read in the quotes, Kael was doing stuff others didn’t know positively about but there were rumors and that they dropped him when they had confirmations?

Point was how interpretation changes perspective on why the Belves ditched Kael in the end. The point about highlighting and all that yknow

BEEP :x:
Wrong-o!
Nothing stated in Chronicles disproves this!
Also, the page is a more recent source!

Okay, Mu’ru was just being tickled.
Coincidence that they use the same animation, I suppose.

They were saying that Kael’thas was turned on by the Belves of Silvermoon because he used fel magic. Tried using that quote as a source to prove that, I guess.

Depends if that one line on the new website isn’t just an error by a dev as clueless as you are. Either way, it goes against every other word Blizzard has ever said on the topic, but that’s on them to keep the story straight. It’s not like any of this stuff has been relevant since 08 anyway.

2 Likes

If you somehow think you’re a better source of information than the writers your perspective on this makes a lot of sense tbh

So, your point is assuming Blizz messed up and we shouldn’t take any of their new writing on this subject as canon?

Blizzard going back and rewriting things?
Crazy.

No, I’m just not convinced that new blurb is enough to void seventeen (!) years of consistency on the topic. Maybe it’s been long enough that Blizzard just don’t care, but I’d guess whoever penned that wasn’t really up on the sources Tarrok, I, and others have linked in this thread.

We’re only having this discussion in the first place because the race’s playable faction had a very vague relationship with fel in TBC. Its addiction to the arcane and abuses of the Light received all the focus.

4 Likes