Forest Trolls, Yes Forest Trolls

Forgive me, I don’t post to the forums much if at all but there is a thought in my head that I don’t know where else to go in order to excise it.

Why is it that Forest Trolls where one of the three Troll subspecies not given to playable trolls along side Ice and Blood Trolls?

I ask because I remember a false positive from a data-mined Forest Troll up-scaled skin tone that ended up only being given to NPC trolls in Dazar’Alor and being honestly shocked they weren’t just… given to players?

Throwing arguments out that talk about “It doesn’t make sense” considering BOTH the Sandfury and Amani are in Dazar’Alor as world quest punching bags yet Sandfury are now playable. As well as the supposed final Dark Troll sitting as a trophy/artifact in Dazar’Alor in memory of the now destroyed clan.

The last kicker is that there’s even a cannon allied faction of Forest Trolls to the Horde as it stands.

Am I overly sensitive because I wanted the cosmetics? Yes, obviously. I’m human and I feel bad when an expectation is set but not followed through. And obviously it was never officially stated that they would, as promotional material only showed Sand and Dark Troll skin tones, yet that didn’t stop many other cosmetic changes to occur beyond the promotional material with other races such as the Void Elves or Tauren.

tl;dr Why aren’t Forest and Ice Troll skin/hair tones playable Blizz? And don’t give me any Allied Race tin-foil (although fun to play with) ideas.

6 Likes

forest trolls would be pretty sick

also give dark spear a swole option to be like those big buff trolls

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s another thing! So many NPC Troll subspecies have swoll-trolls. And I don’t mean the MASSIVE ones (Though sure, give us those too the more the merrier) but just bulky Trolls. Where’s the strong Troll love at?

1 Like

I feel like one of the main reasons was actually because they’d be MAJOR enemies against the blood elves given that they warred with the amani. That would cause more friction in the horde.

Also, weren’t the darkspear trolls bullied by them for being smaller and weaker? I remember them being enemies as well to some extent. They are under the protection of the zandalari currently, but they are hated and killable targets, some of them.

As far as I’m aware of, they did have a darker green option in the alpha or preview it at blizzcon, maybe they changed their mind? I figured they were just going to allow revantusk. Which are just former amani’s.

Doomhammer actually wanted to ally with the Revantusks to recreate the amani and wipe out the high elves in the second war. Makes me wonder sometimes why the blood elves would even say yes to joining the horde given that they keep getting allied with people that murdered a lot of them and a longstanding enemy. I guess they got over it to survive.

1 Like

I would love Forest Trolls as playable.

After all the Revantusk Forest Trolls are part of the Horde and Forest Trolls are beloved by many since Warcraft 2. They are the thing I want most in this game (next to a good story, more customization etc.).

I leave this link here, so you can show your support:

It doesn’t make sense.

Why necro a 6 month old thead just to link to another one?

What exactly? Do you even read replies?

Forest Trolls are already part of the Horde.
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Revantusk_tribe

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/300215-das-dorf-der-bruchhauer.jpg

They also want to bring other Forest Trolls back to the Horde. It makes perfect sense.

It doesn’t make sense why you necroed this post.

Why do you care?

1 Like

Because it’s a silly thing to do?

Why do you care enough to ask my motivations?

This game already has playable forest trolls. They’re called Night Elves.