Forest Troll Race/Customization Megathread

There was a line about taking feedback of race customization options, assuming I heard correctly, though I don’t know what that actually means. Still, I think it’s important that discussions and ideas keep going for Troll Tribe customization options, Forest Trolls especially. Besides, customization races could be an on-going thing throughout WoW’s life, so it’s possible they could very well be taking feedback for it.

Can’t let the Wildhammer have all of the fun, for that matter. Gotta get the Forest Trolls in on the playable race fun too! :axe:

3 Likes

The wildhammer were easily implemented. They just needed tattoos, which were just texture work

Troll tribes are a different beast. But damn, if they stopped working on elves for a patch and actually look at other races we could have so many options more

2 Likes

Still support you guys and hope you get what you’re wanting in the end! Especially more lore with the customization!

4 Likes

I found this today.

Not all forest trolls are foul nuisances like the Witherbark. North of here in the Hinterlands is Revantusk Village, home to the only forest troll tribe still allied with the Horde.

So, since Cataclysm, the Revantusk has been officially allied to the Horde, not just in a pact of mutual cooperation as they were in Classic. Just another thing that shows that the Revantusk are a loyal Horde faction, not just some random slightly Horde aligned faction.

4 Likes

Horde has the Blood Elves, so they should put the Forest trolls on the alliance, and if you cry about the injustice of it, maybe in 15 years they will give you some void-trolls, who are a pallet swap of our lovely Alliance Forest trolls.

1 Like

The horde players weren’t the ones keeping your high elves from you man.

6 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX61E93uv-0

Such awesome work from a fan. We simply need the first Trolls ever created from Blizzard. Forest Trolls are a part of the franchise since Warcraft 2.

Revantusk are already Horde. So let us play them. Give us at least a green skin option.

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/300215-revantusk-village-entrance-to-revantusk-village.jpg

We already are. The Alliance has now every WC2 race back. Now sit down. What a disgusting, selfish attitude full of spite and glee at others who don’t get what they want since day 1.

4 Likes

Now you know how High elf fans feel.

1 Like

We know this the same amount of time you spiteful sad person. You got your elves, we don’t get our Forest Trolls. Your weak attempt at derailing this great topic will now be ignored.

We need Forest Trolls.
Even if it’s only a skin. Though a true Forest Troll would be much greater.

3 Likes

Most of us do. Cause most of us play both sides. I know for a fact many who have posted here are pro High Elf.

Leave your spite elsewhere. Tit for tat is childish anyhow.

7 Likes

Thank you.
In fact I took High Elves - Forest Trolls in the past as an argument for both of them as options.

2 Likes

There’s a quote from Tides of Darkness that I posted in another thread the other day.

Doomhammer nodded. Forest trolls. And they had tribes. Which meant they were civilized. Much, much more than ogres. For the first time he found himself thinking Blackhand‘s idea might be wise. These creatures seemed more like orcs than ogres, despite their size and strength. What allies they would make! And they were native to this world, which meant they would know its geography, its inhabitants, and its dangers.

Doesn’t have anything to do with the possibility of forest trolls becoming playable, but it’s about them and I thought it was a cool quote. It makes me want the bulky model more than anything because of how they’re described as having the size and strength of an ogre.

I also found this.

“I am leader!” Gree slapped a bony, taloned hand against his chest. “Yes, Shnel?”

They seemed to be in the midst of a long, crudely hewn tunnel, likely of the trolls’ own making. Vereesa recalled the long, taloned fingers, just perfect for digging through the rock and earth. These trolls had adapted well to their environment.

From Day of the Dragon.

This was specifically in reference to some forest trolls living mostly underground. So, they developed some taloned fingers by digging that underground tunnel by hand, which means it’s possibly a trait unique to them. It could also be though, that other forest trolls accustomed to digging with their hands have developed that same trait. If we go with the latter idea, that some other forest trolls have developed that same trait, it could serve as some pretty cool and/or unique customization for forest trolls should they become their own race, and not just a Darkspear skin. I personally see hand-digging as something that’d likely be common among forest trolls, just maybe not as much among regular forest trolls as that particular group of forest trolls.

1 Like

I support Forest Troll options. Maybe integrate the Revantusk and Amani Tribes.

5 Likes

I would love to see beard options for trolls, more hair colors besides the shades of brown and shade of pink/purple, some dread lock hair styles would be nice as well, I’m not to keen on the ones that have been added just kinda meh to me, more braids would be nice. A true forest troll allied race would be fantastic.

1 Like

So I’ve been in a bit of a screenshot artwork mood and figured I would have some Glyph of Diguise fun with the Amani Trolls to have some Forest Troll screenshots.

For this session, I used the following mob, who uses the beefy Troll model I think, to take some screenshots in Orgrimmar to showcase what playable Forest Trolls could potentially look like running around the place:

I only had 5 minutes, so I had to hussle to take what I could:

Forest Troll outside of the embassy. Got them to do the crouching animation, and it looks rather neat. Sort of like…he’s surveying the new land and considering new opportunities as a member of the Horde.

A Forest Troll at the bank. Since going to the bank is common for any player, I figured it was good to visualize it for races I use Glyph of Disguise on. I tried to get a good angle, but the time limit was preventing me from playing around with it too much.

A Forest Troll at the auction house. I also do this with different races as this is the best place to show what the race would look like among other members of the Horde. Looks rather fitting, to me!

Finally, these guys can ride mounts, both flying and ground. Sadly, I don’t have the Amani Bear mount, and was running out of time, so I just pretended this was a forest wolf to showcase this ability. Shame I can’t get Glyph of Disguise to work for mounts also.

Anyway, just wanted to share some screenshots to show off what Forest Trolls could look like as a playable race. I kinda hope if they do become playable, the beefy form is an option as I rather like it for a potential character idea I had…man, every time I hear the word “beefy,” it makes me want to play some Castle Crashers.

Hope y’all enjoyed! I may do more in the future! :axe:

4 Likes

I love it and you gave me an inspiration.

I need those guys as playable option.

2 Likes

Forest trolls need to be playable. Raventusk are the best.

5 Likes

Honestly, thinking on it for awhile, Revantusk being the playable Forest Troll faction makes the most sense. It’s mostly seeing them really all about being allies to the Horde and liking the Horde in general. Not to mention the theme of them fighting the Wildhammer is a fun event.

It’s hard to see the Amani ever being part of the Horde, especially with the Blood Elves as members. There is likely some issues in Ghostlands with territory and such still going on as well. Could something be written? Sure, but it’s hard for me to see.

Though, I can see the Amani rejoining the Horde being a big deal. Still, I wouldn’t want the Revantusk to just be forgotten about as the Amani steal the spotlight. I suppose they could combine both somehow, but I’m not sure how well that would go over story-wise.

I did want to ask if the Revantusk have any known mounts or if they might use bears similar to what the Amani ride as mounts. I don’t recall seeing any of them have mounts, but maybe someone has a more keen eye than I do in that regard.

2 Likes

Where was this ever confirmed? Because the Wildhammers are doing the same thing for the Alliance.

I would love to have Jintha’Alor as a Horde city though.

1 Like

It wasn’t actually confirmed, it was an assumption on my part based off Primal Torntusk saying:

Strike the final blow. Claim Jintha’Alor for the Revantusk… claim it for the Horde!

I’ve never quested through the Hinterlands as Alliance, so I’m not as knowledgeable on the quest dialogue, but from the bit of reading I have done on Wowhead, their dialogue doesn’t say anything about claiming Jintha’Alor, even though they do the same things as Horde players in their quests. (Post below says it much better than I could)

This wording of mine though:

Is incorrect, it should say they probably did conquer Jintha’Alor.

If the Hinterlands is ever updated, Jintha’Alor could make for an awesome city. I’d also love to have it as a new Horde city for the Revantusk.

2 Likes