Forest Troll Race/Customization Megathread

I love it and you gave me an inspiration.

I need those guys as playable option.

2 Likes

Forest trolls need to be playable. Raventusk are the best.

5 Likes

Honestly, thinking on it for awhile, Revantusk being the playable Forest Troll faction makes the most sense. It’s mostly seeing them really all about being allies to the Horde and liking the Horde in general. Not to mention the theme of them fighting the Wildhammer is a fun event.

It’s hard to see the Amani ever being part of the Horde, especially with the Blood Elves as members. There is likely some issues in Ghostlands with territory and such still going on as well. Could something be written? Sure, but it’s hard for me to see.

Though, I can see the Amani rejoining the Horde being a big deal. Still, I wouldn’t want the Revantusk to just be forgotten about as the Amani steal the spotlight. I suppose they could combine both somehow, but I’m not sure how well that would go over story-wise.

I did want to ask if the Revantusk have any known mounts or if they might use bears similar to what the Amani ride as mounts. I don’t recall seeing any of them have mounts, but maybe someone has a more keen eye than I do in that regard.

2 Likes

Where was this ever confirmed? Because the Wildhammers are doing the same thing for the Alliance.

I would love to have Jintha’Alor as a Horde city though.

1 Like

It wasn’t actually confirmed, it was an assumption on my part based off Primal Torntusk saying:

Strike the final blow. Claim Jintha’Alor for the Revantusk… claim it for the Horde!

I’ve never quested through the Hinterlands as Alliance, so I’m not as knowledgeable on the quest dialogue, but from the bit of reading I have done on Wowhead, their dialogue doesn’t say anything about claiming Jintha’Alor, even though they do the same things as Horde players in their quests. (Post below says it much better than I could)

This wording of mine though:

Is incorrect, it should say they probably did conquer Jintha’Alor.

If the Hinterlands is ever updated, Jintha’Alor could make for an awesome city. I’d also love to have it as a new Horde city for the Revantusk.

2 Likes

While the Wildhammer do the same quests (more or less) they never indicate they’re claiming the territory rather more along the lines of fighting off and removing an enemy. There is also a bit about saving a captured Gryphon.

Given the horde version and Alliance versions I’m inclined to believe the final say is supposed to be that the Horde and the Raventusk capture Jintha’alor while the Wildhammer secure their side of the Hinterlands and are prepared and able to protect themselves.

2 Likes

I found something today, late but it got over 4.200 likes. This clearly shows the demand for Forest Trolls exist.
I would be so happy if Forest Trolls would become an option to play. It makes sense to use the Revantusk.
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/gscmvp/while_were_on_the_topic_of_style_options_how/

And simple some nostalgia. The first link shows why I sympathized with the Forest Trolls from the start. They “suffered attrition” against 3 races.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/625440111638872086/736988629389410324/FT1.PNG
https://www.thanatosrealms.com/war2/images/horde-units/sketches/troll.gif

6 Likes

This could speak even more for Forest Trolls.

Shadowlands spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jaf0kkREC2U&feature=youtu.be
“For the Darkspear an all the tribes.”
This could speak in favor of all Troll tribes, yes Forest Trolls too, becoming customization options.

6 Likes

Raventusk should at the very least be playable.

5 Likes

This needs a push. Forest Trolls for the Horde.
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowpedia/images/thumb/7/7d/Gan'dranda.jpg/671px-Gan'dranda.jpg/revision/latest?cb=2011d0b9d638f087d22f59c260a6ad1b

They fit so well.

https://www.wow-freakz.com/img/screenshots/wowhead_203652.jpg

3 Likes

Revantusk need to be playable, forest trolls need to be an allied race. With the alliance getting the wild hammer, the revantusk would be perfect. plus hopefully another zone update in the hinterlands and a perfect reason to add a unique heavy forest battle ground

5 Likes

Thinking about it maybe the void elves could be the push for the Amani to join the horde. In order to spy on their former homeland the ren’dorei would try and set up shop somewhere in the Amani mountains. The forest trolls have trouble dealing with the void entities that the ren’dorei conjure up and the void corrupted wild life that they have created as well. The desperate Amani then turn to the zandalari and their former allies, the horde, for help.

4 Likes

I’m actually very much on board with this idea, since the alliance are finally getting high elves to some degree it only makes sense the horde receive customizations at the very least

3 Likes

When I first heard of the rumored Silvermoon warfront, I had imagined the idea that the Amani Trolls might be more willing to side with the Horde since the Alliance likely would just slaughter them and the Horde would be both more willing to cooperate and even potentially mediate between the Amani and Blood Elves, likely thanks to Talanji having some power over the different troll tribes.

…of course, with playable Amani, that would mean letting them into and walk around Silvermoon, which the Blood Elves might not be too keen on the idea of. It’s not an impossible thing to write around, of course, but something that would take some creative writing for both of them to ally and work with each other.

Also, I don’t want the Revantusk to be abandoned and forgotten, seeing as they support the Horde and likely would be all for joining the Horde. If Forest Trolls do become playable, it’d both be cool to see the Amani rejoin it and also the Revantusk become officially inducted members as well. It would offer a lot of great storylines and role-playing potential.

I still very much support Forest Trolls joining/rejoining the Horde, as well as other Troll Tribes joining. An Ice Troll Frost Death Knight sounds like a fun combination, IMO, and I’m sure I could come up with something for a Forest Troll character as well. :axe:

1 Like

I don’t want to get carried away with speculation. But this thread has me wondering if Blizzard has not added in a forest troll customization because they have not completely ruled them out as an AR in the future.

6 Likes

I certainly would love Forest Troll as an AR, but I think they can work as a customization option.
They would be so perfect to counter the new Void elven and Wildhammer customization options.

Some respect for Marli Two-Toes who likely died during MoP.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=64038/marli-two-toes

2 Likes

It’s been like months since we haven’t heard anything from the Forest Troll customization options. Already the Alliance has High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves already playable but not Forest Trolls?

4 Likes

A thought occurred to me regarding customization races: starting pets for Hunters.

If Forest Trolls ended up as a customization option for Darkspear Trolls, it’s possible that Forst Troll Hunters would start with the same raptor that Darkspear Trolls start with. Same with the other Troll Tribes as well.

My question is would that be fitting for Troll Tribes in general, or because of the different regions they live in, would it make more sense for another animal to be the starting pet that just gets toggled as you choose between whatever Troll Tribes become playable?

In that regard, assuming Forest Trolls ended up as a customization race, would raptors work as the starting hunter pet for Forest Troll Hunters? Or are there more fitting animals for them to start with?

Just a thought I had and wanted to share.

why blizzard would make a faction change for blood elfs ?

blood elfs = high elfs.

Honestly I don’t think the Sand Trolls should have a raptor. Perhaps a basilisk.

2 Likes