Forcing the Alliance into Silvermoon is not good for the Alliance

Absurd, rejected outright as completely dismissable nonsense. The Horde and Alliance now regularly work together, with many leaders on both sides having quite amicable relationships. As you seem to be a new player that’s unaware of the time skip that just happened, I suggest you consult the warcraft wiki.

we’re jumping the gun a bit on that one, I think.
We’re still 2.5 expansions out.

2 Likes

Don’t see a reason for this. They did a 5 year timeskip, take advantage of it at least. Delaying the breaking down of faction barriers because we the players “need time” is the last thing I’d want.

Forcing the Alliance into Silvermoon is not good for the Alliance

Based-

I don’t see how Horde players see this as a loss to them and not a big win for being able to mistreat Alliance players with this cruel and unusual punishment.

oh ragebait nvm

8 Likes

Not as bad as we do.

I’m not against the xpac being centered around Sin’dorei I just don’t want to be forced to be near them, I can stomach blood elf NPCs somewhat but players are especially bad.

This is what I say when I don’t want to engage with arguments too.

It was a better comparison than uk to usa. The horde and alliance leaders do work with each other off and on. I have been gone for a long time. Maybe undead and worgen are holding hands and player characters dont mass muder the other faction every other day.

Cool, guess i signed up for a carebear toy instead of wow.

1 Like

The person i was replying to said all capitals.

I was under the impression Silvermoon will be overtaken by the Void and the Blood Elves will be kicked out. The expansion will be about a pan-Elven reclaimation of Silvermoon and all the different Elves will hug it out in the end.

It’s like a Kalimdor Horde fan’s worst nightmare for an expansion. Elves. Just Elves. Everywhere, all the time, all at once.

And his point still stands.

North Korea is an extreme example.
An American can still travel to Iran, even though both countries have historically and are currently quite antagonistic with one another.

There really is no equivalent to North Korea on either the Horde or Alliance…

There’s really no equivalent of a modern state in WoW, so honestly this whole comparative argument is kinda dumb.

Oh, you are just dumb.

1 Like

There is no evidence, currently, that Silvermoon is going to be turned into a neutral city.

This is the “The Night Elves are going to abandon Kalimdor!!” all over again. That didn’t happen. I seriously doubt Blizzard would turn a Horde racial capital into a neutral city for both factions.

3 Likes

This whole “working together” stuff is nonsense, the Alliance and Horde working to defeat an existential threat means nothing in regards to peace, from classic to legion this was generally understood.

The Horde and Alliance weren’t at war with each other until the very final patches of WotLK leading up to Cata.

From Classic to Early Wrath there were minor skirmishes/battles but these were between third parties that were associated with either the Horde or Alliance (such as the League of Arathor, Frostwolves, etc.). These factions weren’t part of either the Horde or Alliance but accepted aid from them.

Does it not?

Thought that was the whole reason they stopped fighting at the end of BfA.
And stopped fighting at the end of MoP.
And stopped fighting at the end of… literally any time they fought each other.

Seems to me it’s generally been shown that the only time they fight is when there isn’t a giant existential threat.

Even going beyond whatever perceived ‘patterns’ there are in regard to the motions of the narrative… It really doesn’t matter.
Blizzard now more than ever is demonstrating that they want to break the mold and try new things (which is a good thing btw).
It wouldn’t surprise me if they just decided to do away with this pattern and do away with the faction conflict altogether.

You don’t understand anything.

3 Likes

The messaging of the Warcraft series even before vanilla released was that the New Horde and Alliance were to strive towards peaceful coexistence. Go back and play Warcraft 3, see how it ends, it’s very clear the people writing the story even back then understood that these two groups were not destined to eternally wage war.

This messaging was repeated when tensions flared up in Cataclysm and resolved in MoP. This was again repeated when BfA ended with yet another peaceful settlement within the span of a singular expansion.

In my opinion the ones who do not understand Warcraft are the ones who wish for this conflict to eternally cycle.

4 Likes

I am sort of wondering if they will use an expanded Quel’Danas as the expansion hub, with Silvermoon across the water an ongoing warzone between the Light and the Void.

Perhaps invoke more these sorts of vibes for scale:

https://i.redd.it/y6gr6z2ds7261.jpg

1 Like

I’d say now you know how Horde players feel about constantly having to be minions for Alliance heroes .

4 Likes

Or to be more accurate it requires a giant existential threat to divert them from their mutual hatred of each other.

Since the expansion is underground it makes it more likely that the hub will be as well.

TWW is the one that’s underground, silly!

Beat me to it :heart:
Glad I’m not the only one.

:roll_eyes: I just hope they don’t overtake it with Alliance themes, or insist on changes catered to them more than that which correlates to the lore of the Sin’dorei … or pleas towards removing changes that signifies history & such associated to the Blood Elves.

• It’s why I advocated for the elves unifying under ‘Blood Elves’ instead of the warped idea of us abandoning the title ‘Blood Elves’ and going under ‘High Elves’ and then having the playable race become neutral as ‘High Elves’ from then onward, as some have suggested — It just butchers 9 expansions & 17 years of enormous amounts of players experiences of playing both as and with the Sin’dorei.
5 Likes

Neutral player races are not an option… And before someone brings up the Pandaren, they DO have to choose a side before they can leave the Wandering Isle.