Forced Character name change

Not really, since it wasn’t an appeal the GM probably just saw that you wanted to change your name back to one that you had reserved. They really wouldn’t be looking at your account history. Again it just sounds like you got a new GM.

Thank you so much for the help I’ll try this out! I appreciate the help!

2 Likes

Most welcome! I will add too, you are allowed to keep appealing until a GM warns you that no more appeals will be accepted. So just please have a bit of patience, I don’t recall seeing any major hiccups here recently, so tickets should be averaging a day’s turnaround, give or take.

1 Like

Okay thanks again for the advice I’ll keep trying! Fingers crossed it works but if not thanks for taking the time to try and help me!!

1 Like

I have the same issue. 6 Characters that I made in classic are all being forced to name change after logging into Wotlk. I’m certain that I used the random name generator on a majority of them so its a bit of a bummer. Had gotten my name from when I played the original classic way back when only for it be forced name change as well.

Were your characters on a server that was closed and consolidated? Sounds like your names were taken already, and the system defaulted to the original name keeping theirs and you sadly were asked to change it.

I don’t think the inactive name release is in classic yet.

5 Likes