For Veteran Warriors of Past Xpacs

A list of returning baseline warrior abilities:

Execute, Hamstring, Ignore Pain, Shield Block, Shield Slam, Slam, Spell Reflection, Whirlwind, Challenging Shout

So What I’m curious is the gameplay of fury/arms in PvP with shield utilities returning.

Mainly weapon requirements for these abilities.

For Fury, what will gameplay be like? Is bloodthirst still a rage generator using a shield and 2 hander?

I imagine rampage is replaced with ignore pain, shield block and slam as a spender.

Raging Blow replaced with shield slam as I think that and rampage requires dual wielding.

Nothing will change. Fury will still play the exact same. You’re not going to walk around with a shield equipped as fury, you’ll just make a macro to swap to a shield when you need to use shield block and then swap back to 2 2Hs.

Shield slam is a questionable ability to bring back as there is 0 incentive to actively swap to a shield to bash when arms/fury baseline abilities will do more damage. Unless they build some kind of mechanic around it or add a stun/silence to it, no one is going to use it.

2 Likes

The weapon restrictions are still in place on many core arms/fury attacks, meaning shield slam exists for them simply to give you a button to push while you’ve got a shield on.

1 Like

I read they are bringing back the offensive dispel to shield slam which is super important. Makes me almost sad I began rolling blood elf warriors just to slaughter paladins with shattering throw returning combined with arcane torrent for double bubble dispel.

I am curious if rampage will now be coded as requiring dual wielding with shield block and slam as our filler when a shield is up.

But I also wonder if mortal strike requires 2h for arms, or if it will be useable with a 1hander and shield speaking from pvp perspective. It seems like they’ve removed weapon requirements for most skills save for enhancement requiring weapons and cannot use weapon skills with daggers.